1.0 out of 5 stars DISGUSTED at WB's fraudulent selling of a digital copy that does not exist!, October 18, 2011
This review is from: Green Lantern (Two-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)
I would love to touch on the merits and drawbacks of this movie, but I am so furious at having been defrauded about this particular package that I am at a level of rage previously unknown to the human experience.

Warner Brothers has really pulled a fast one with this 3D edition that was supposed to include everything with this "UltraViolet" digital copy. It's NOT a digital copy, but rather an authorization to access a streaming video of the original cut of the movie online. This is NOT the package I pre-ordered! When I saw the commercials for the "UltraViolet" digital copy, I thought there would be some special feature-- I never dreamed that special feature would be WB promising me a digital copy that I couldn't use in iTunes EVEN THOUGH EVERY OTHER DIGITAL COPY OF A MOVIE DOES. The digital copy you do get (IF you can get the website to work!) has to be played on some kind of Adobe player THAT WILL NOT PLAY THE FILE. So you're stuck with their online streaming swill even though you were promised a digital copy.

Sure they said "UltraViolet," but NO ONE KNEW WHAT THAT MEANT, and Warner Brothers did NOT explain it. I'm sure the people at the top are scrambling to figure out where to point the finger and how to explain to consumers what they didn't know and when they didn't know it, or how to blame consumers themselves, or pirates, or space aliens. Frankly, I don't care about the excuses. When I see "digital copy" I expect a digital copy and THEY KNOW IT. I did NOT expect to be locked into some kind of online digital cloud where it could only be watched at their whim on the device of their choosing-- in addition to being taken away at any time.

I can't return this for a refund because it's an open movie, nor can I exchange it for a different version. So I can't afford to get the digital copy from iTunes for the iPod my autistic nephew uses. My nephew doesn't understand why he can't watch this on his iPod and I can't explain it to him. All I can say is that their digital cloud is a bunch of hot air that smells REALLY bad, and this is a slap in the face to both myself and my nephew. I never did keep much track of which studio did what movie, but I will from now on. I will never forgive this studio for my nephew's heartbreak, nor will I forget it.

11/11/2011 **UPDATE** Five stars for Amazon customer service for refunding me the full purchase prices for this falsely advertised product! Zero stars to WB for pulling this stunt in the first place, and hoping they will learn not to try to pull one over on consumers in the future. Don't do it again, WB.... Kenneth is watching you, and he does NOT approve of your shenanigans. A'ight?

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 48 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 21, 2011 5:58:17 PM PDT
fuzz says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 6:45:10 PM PDT
This is a review not just of the movie, but of the entire blu ray package. Invoking Godwin's Law does not negate WB's fraud. As a Jew myself, I do not need you to point out the suffering of my people, or to use them to whatever political end for which you intend this comment. Nowhere did I imply that this review was comparable to the Holocaust. It IS relevant to economic pressures with which individuals are faced because no one can afford to be ripped off at any time, let alone in this economy. Everything I said about the package is true, and I didn't have to bring up the Shoah to prove it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 7:19:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 28, 2011 12:32:05 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 7:49:48 PM PDT
I'm sorry; I don't understand the question. Do you mean "Real" like the Green Lantern is "Real," or "Real" like the digital copy we didn't get?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 8:15:37 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 1, 2011 8:31:36 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 9:13:35 PM PDT
I don't understand what being a mac fan has to do with the fact that the streaming video does not work, nor does the downloadable version on either platform. Both mac & PC users got screwed. I guess that 1% only includes people who wore green glow in the dark jumpsuits at the premiere.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 10:12:36 PM PDT
truereview says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2011 5:32:20 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2011 5:48:28 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2011 9:34:18 AM PDT
WB IS at fault for not explaining what Ultraviolet is and not explicitly stating "not Mac compatible" on the package. They slipped the Ultraviolet thing into their pre-release ads like Mr. Subliminal from SNL. Not everybody is a technogeek keeping track of every little ripple of news in the entertainment industry, and that's what you'd have to be to understand this prior to the release.

It doesn't work on Mac OR PC. NOBODY is supporting it, including Ultraviolet! Even if you get it to work, a streaming video is NOT the same thing as a digital copy. This was bait and switch ripoff.

If Apple is not supporting GL, why is it being sold on iTunes?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.3 out of 5 stars (1,050 customer reviews)

$34.57 $31.16