5.0 out of 5 stars Crocs' continuous improvement is moving right along, March 6, 2012
This review is from: crocs Men's Walu Loafer (Apparel)
The short version: my feet feel like they're still in bed all day long - foot HAPPINESS.

The slightly longer version:

ALL Crocs are a deal with the devil in some way.

It started with the big Danish clog look. Ugh.

The hot sweltering rubber heat, only helped by gigantic gaping holes in the ugly shoes.

Then they wrapped pretty much the same shoes with leather, for a more dignified look (if you didn't look too close). This is where I started with Crocs. Never wore the full-on rubber clogs. Again...ugh.

Anyhow, then they became more dignified: the Santa Cruz style introduced a canvas upper (that breathes) and a more normal (if not trendier), more streamlined look (versus the duck feet).

Along come the Walu's...

My only "major" complaint is the cheap-looking canvas. It almost looks like that kind of weird cheap fabric they use to make the 99 cent eco-reusable shopping bags at Target or your local supermarket. Slightly strange, course in a weird way, odd. (I don't love the browns, either, but bought them because someone else said the khaki color stains easily. I figured I could deal with the brown, and I can.) Other say it is super durable and I can tell you myself even though mine are only a week old, they breathe nicely. You still get the "croc sweats" on the bottom of your feet, but it seems to get better after a few days.

The fabric of the shoe does this neat little ripple thing at the top, so they kinda have a bit of a funky, trendy, Tom's shoes type all-fabric look to them. Only difference is they are massively comfortable.

Someone was complaining about the Croslite material (which I worship, since I can wear NO socks and yet get NO powerful, room-filling stink-shoe...huge for me. Just wash them off when they get foot "gunk" on them and they are as-new in the smells and odors department) being "just an insert," to which I say...WHO CARES? It's Croslite, and it's NOT the sole (the originals used to wear down relatively fast...this one has nice harder rubber pieces for the high-wear area of the soles...making this shoe nice and long-lasting. Sweet!

I have wider feet and these are not the "old days" of free and unrestricted wide foot pancake-age of Crocs' yesteryear...no, if you want somewhat more dignified-looking shoes, you must rein your feet in a bit. For me, the tradeoff is fine. My feet are quite wide and the first few days these things rubbed blisters into the sides of my feet, but now that has loosened. They still feel tight compared to regular Crocs, but the overall experience thus far has definitely been the my-feet-feel-like-they-are-still-in-bed-all-day-long feeling. In fact, I just did a spontaneous woo-hoo happy dance after I got up to walk across the room because of it, and that made me write this review.

Highly recommended, recommended with slight reservations (and yet with more visual and style dignity) for the widest of foot (like me). Overall, highly recommended.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]