Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, and the price is hard to believe., May 27, 2010
This review is from: Auralex Studiofoam Designer Kit Charcoal Gray (Electronics)
I was previously looking at similar acoustic panels that were $4-5 each, so to stumble on 32 of these for $59 was shocking. I've got 25 mounted over the listening area of my home theater and it looks and sounds so nice. I'm pondering getting a few more cases...

Here's a tip - if you want only a semi-permanent installation discard the included Tubetack caulk and get some DAP Seal 'n Peel. [...] Holds these up just fine, and will peel away without damaging the paint or drywall should I chose to remove them.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 15, 2010 3:42:14 PM PDT
D. Markle says:
Never heard of Peel n' Seal. Fantastic recommendation!

Posted on Jul 19, 2011 4:26:36 PM PDT
Hey Ryan! I imagine these are the same as the burgundy ones.... Right? I'm just WAY paranoid and I want the best product, not sure if color has any effect. Well it is Auralex, so I'm sure they're both at their best. If there WAS such a difference they wouldn't sell them as the same product...............................right?

Posted on Sep 11, 2011 8:07:34 PM PDT
Arias says:
hey i was wondering how many panels come for the price of $59? and what are the dimensions? thanks

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 4:40:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2011 4:49:10 PM PDT
MusicRules says:
Ryan, I am wondering if this would be practical to temporarily adhere to the back of my upright extremely loud piano. This piano takes little or no effort to play, action is great and the sound is rich. However, to actually play this piano, I am wearing ear protection. I would only keep this type of foam against the back of my piano (was very expensive!) when I'm playing it to prevent buildup of moisture. I've read one review that indicates this has a strong odor. Is that true?
I value my hearing and will be keeping the piano in my living room. I've tried curtains, table cloths (on the dining table), thick quilts temporarily around the back of the piano, and small carpets under the piano to no avail. I haven't done wall to wall carpeting. But, the piano is against the only available inside wall which consists of plaster. It's really powerful, loud and great to play. I tried it in a huge warehouse and brought it home to a much smaller room. Any suggestions?
Maybe I should adhere it to the plaster wall instead, pull the piano away when not playing it, and push the piano against the foam when playing it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2012 12:26:24 PM PST
Rainbow Hype says:
Hey MusicRules, this foam will not be any more affective than quilts or curtains in dampening the sound of your piano--whatever you use, make sure it is touching (i.e. stuffed against) the soundboard of the piano. This foam works best for absorbing reflections in a room giving a more even frequency response in the upper registers. You would get better dampening from placing a rug (or several) under the piano so it is not resonating with the floor. There's also something like this: http://www.pppkeys.com/ Your piano tuner may be able to help you make a "mute rail."

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2012 12:26:59 PM PST
Rainbow Hype says:
32. Dimensions are 1'x1'.

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 1:34:41 PM PDT
D. PH says:
I bought the first kit before the price jumped. For the second and third kit, I bought from foamforyou.com. It is cheaper and got alot color choice. So far I dont see the difference in term of quality except that two burgundy colors are not really matched.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 11:59:09 AM PDT
So, the Auralex panels are the same as the ones you got from foamforyou?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 8:30:34 AM PST
Mac says:
DONT USE DAP SEAL N PEEL UNTIL YOU TEST IT!!!!

I took your recommendation to use DAP Seal n Peel, after less than a month after I put up the Auralex Panels I decided to rearrange one of them and the DAP Seal n Peel not only ripped my paint and dry wall out but it also took a great amount of foam with it. I wish I tested the Seal N Peel first, not sure what kind of paint or drywall I have but its no bueno.

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 6:34:10 PM PST
Tom S. says:
Thanks for noting the price - twice that now - so I know I should look elsewhere, thanks!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›