425 of 503 people found the following review helpful
Comprehensive and Compelling,
This review is from: The Great Destroyer: Barack Obama's War on the Republic (Hardcover)"Politics is fought between the forty yard lines," remarked Charles Krauthammer just after Obama was elected in 2008. Krauthammer is right about nearly everything, but his rule clearly warrants an exception when applied to Barack Obama and his administration. Attorney David Limbaugh shows why in this new book.
This is the second book in Limbaugh's very readable and insightful narrative of Barack Obama's Presidency. "The Great Destroyer" picks up where "Crimes Against Liberty" left off in 2010. Limbaugh meticulously narrates how the President has been striding to the liberal goal line with nearly every policy, appointment and statement since taking office. Almost without exception, Obama implements or supports policies that negate America's founding principles--individual liberty, limited government and the rule of law are among the casualties in the President's war on the Republic.
You say, "'War on the Republic.' That's a little strong, don't you think?"
You might think so until you read the book. I am a political junkie, but even I was shocked to see the extreme scope of Obama's anti-American assault.
"Oh, but this was written by a Limbaugh, and Limbaughs are well known for their conservatism."
If any liberal or so-called "independent" judgmentally dismisses The Great Destroyer simply because Limbaugh is a conservative, point out that people can present evidence objectively even if they personally are not neutral. First, neutral people rarely have the interest or expertise to write books! But more importantly, you can't dismiss what Limbaugh says simply because he supports conservative policies. That's a fallacy that cuts both ways--you'd have to dismiss everything Obama says because he supports liberal policies. The truth is, everyone has political beliefs. The issue is not those beliefs, but the evidence one presents!
David Limbaugh presents a wealth of evidence that Barack Obama is inflicting unprecedented injuries on America and the liberties of its citizens. He does the work the mainstream media refuses to do. In addition to using neutral sources, such as the Congressional Budget Office for financial data, Limbaugh quotes several liberals, administration officials, and, of course, Barack Obama himself to make the irrefutable case that Obama's ultra-liberal positions are resulting in catastrophic negative effects for America. Unfortunately, his case is quite compelling.
"The Great Destroyer" is well organized by topic. Chapter headings include: The War on America, The War on Our Culture and Values, The War on the Economy, The War on Our Future, The War on Business, The War America's National Security, and several others. The book also includes several helpful charts that display, at a glance, the current and impending disaster known as Obama's economic policies.
Since "The Great Destroyer" is over 500 pages (including nearly 100 pages of endnotes), I can only summarize a few revelations that Limbaugh provides. These are from just two chapters of "The Great Destroyer".
From "The War on Values and Culture":
* In prepared remarks, Vice President Biden said he had no objections to China's forced abortion policy.
* With several new policies and edicts, Obama has ensured that federal funds are now paying for abortion. He is clearly the most pro-abortion president in history.
* Education Secretary Arne Duncan warned public school districts about blocking students from forming gay themed organizations.
* HHS administrator Pam Hyde declared, "Your federal government has finally come out of the closet in support of LGBT youth." HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said, "I want to tell you, you have a friend in this administration, who will stand beside you each and every step along the way."
* Obama's HHS website promoted the idea that kids may "experiment" with homosexuality.
* The Obama Administration initially refused to publicize the results of their own study that abstinence education programs actually work.
* President Obama declared his support for "age-appropriate" sex education for kindergarteners.
* The survey of our military men and women about "Don't Ask Don't Tell" may have been a sham to mislead Congress--the executive report of the findings was written before the survey was actually taken!
* Attorney General Eric Holder and Obama appear to be in collusion in refusing to defend, and even attempting to overturn, democratically decided laws defining marriage as between one man and one woman.
* In July 2011, Holder ordered Banks to relax mortgage qualifications for the poor--the same insane policy that led to the housing crash in the first place!
* Obama's Justice Department refuses to prosecute several grievous injustices including video-taped voter intimidation by Black Panthers, and video-taped instances of potential sex trafficking, prostitution and underage abortions by Planned Parenthood.
* Obama not only lifted the ban on federal funding of embryonic stem cell research (which has yet to cure any human being of a disease), he rescinded President Bush's executive order to fund adult stem cell research (which has resulted in treating more than a hundred diseases and medical conditions). Obama is the "anti-science" president, not Bush!
* Obama's stance against the freedom of religious organizations to hire people with their values was so extreme that the Supreme Court ruled against him 9-0 (even Obama's own liberal appointees disagreed with him!).
From "The War on the Economy"
* Contrary to his claim to save or create 3.5 million jobs, Obama has actually lost almost 4.1 million jobs - a jobs deficit of 7.6 million.
* February 2012 was the worst one-month debt in U.S. history: $219 Billion (Bush's deficit for all of 2007 was less than that!).
* Four years in a row, Obama's deficits have or will be in excess of $1 trillion, dwarfing President Bush's deficits.
* Obama has added more to the debt in three plus years than Bush added in eight.
* Obama and his team have engaged in accounting gimmickry and unrealistic rosy predictions in an attempt to make their dismal plans look less dismal.
* New research into 108 national economies shows that government "stimulus" spending--staunchly advocated by Obama--tends to have a net negative effect on the economy.
* Despite promising not to raise taxes on those making less than $250,000 per year, ObamaCare will result in 17 new taxes or penalties that will burden all Americans.
* Costs for ObamaCare will be nearly double original estimates (and most of the program hasn't even started yet!).
* Despite the President promising that people could keep their current health insurance plan, multiple sources report that a majority will loose their current coverage under Obamacare.
* Union members comprise only 12 percent of all employees, but the Obama Administration has granted them 50.3 percent of all ObamaCare waivers. (By the way, if ObamaCare is such a good deal, why does anyone want a waiver?)
David Limbaugh provides more revelations in these two chapters and the other ten. You really need to get the book to appreciate the full breadth of the destruction--destruction that you are not going to hear from the mainstream media.
In the era of Obama, politics in America is no longer fought between the forty yard lines. Americans need to read The Great Destroyer to encourage enough voters to begin running the ball the other way--back to the principles that made America great.
Tracked by 9 customers
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 201 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 7, 2012 12:08:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 7, 2012 12:10:42 PM PDT
Job growth turned upward after the Stimulus was passed. In November 2010 it went above 0 for the first time in months.
Bush lost 3.1 million jobs in 2008. How many net jobs were created under Bush, 2001-2009?
Limbaugh tells half-truths. Examine his claims and you'll find many are specious.
Question for David Limbaugh: Why continue Bush Tax Cuts when they pile on more debt (trillions, so far) and don't seem to be generating jobs?
Posted on Jun 7, 2012 1:28:47 PM PDT
Frank, thank you for taking the time to write an outstanding review!
Posted on Jun 7, 2012 1:30:46 PM PDT
Tax cuts don't create trillions of dollars in debt. How patently absurd!
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 3:36:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 7, 2012 3:39:42 PM PDT
If you spend more than you take in, whether you're a household or the Federal government, you have a shortfall.
The Bush Tax Cuts have contributed to deficit spending since 2001.
They contributed 1.812 TRILLION to the Federal debt.
Source: Congressional Budget Office
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 5:19:27 PM PDT
If Bush Tax Cuts have contributed 1.812 trillion since 2001 that's one year of deficit spending under Obama.
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 6:10:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 7, 2012 6:13:30 PM PDT
1.812 trillion + 1.4 trillion (Iraq and Afghanistan wars) + Medicare Prescription Drug Plan...
This is from a 2005 Washington Post article:
"The White House released budget figures yesterday indicating that the new Medicare prescription drug benefit will cost more than $1.2 trillion in the coming decade, a much higher price tag than President Bush suggested when he narrowly won passage of the law in late 2003."
Continuation of Bush's policies responsible for lion's share of $5.1 trillion debt Tea Partiers are blaming on Obama.
Posted on Jun 8, 2012 5:35:16 AM PDT
Why would BO continue Bush policies when he had the country in a head lock with a democratic congress for his first two years. Had he not screwed up so badly his first two years in office he wouldn't have lost that advantage in 2010.
Posted on Jun 8, 2012 5:38:53 AM PDT
Why are you talking about Bush when this book is about Obama?
His 4 year term is winding down yet he and his acolytes are still playing the blame Bush game. That's just sad.
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 10:45:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 10:48:17 AM PDT
Woodrow Wilson, what is the difference between a tax cut and a tax rate? If the "Bush Tax Cuts" are ten years old, does that not make them the "Bush Tax Rates?" Will the sunsetting of the Bush Tax Rates be called the "Obama Tax Increase?"
Whom, or what, do you mean by "they pile on more debt ...?" Bush, Obama, the Bush Tax Rates? Or, as the Reverend Al Not So Sharpton says, "Who is us? And who is them?"
Of your other comments, I have this to say: Figures don't lie, but liars do figure.
BTW, good job, Frank.
Posted on Jun 8, 2012 10:58:55 AM PDT
C. Cassioppi says:
Frank - get real. You sound like my father (older white male.) He, and I suppose you, cannot get over the fact that a black man is POTUS. He, like you I suppose, wants what once was. That America is not available to you anymore. Just like the America that your parents lived in is not available to you. This America is our (you, me, and every other US citizen) America. It'll never be exactly what we want, but it can be a better place if we accept the change that time eventually brings to everything. Change is difficult. Some people react badly to it and pine for yesterday. Some people accept and strive to make it better. Bemoaning the false atrocities listed in this book and on certain cable news networks, only deepens your unease. Obama is not out to destroy America. Follow common sense, not the pundits that feed your unease. It kills me to see my father angry about the POTUS, but he brings that on himself. Don't bring this unecessary anger on yourself.