2.0 out of 5 stars Changed Formula, August 17, 2010
This review is from: KIND PLUS, Mango Macadamia + Calcium, Gluten Free Bars (Pack of 12) (Grocery)
These were a staple for my gluten-free teenager until a few months ago when she started complaining that they tasted different, not in a good way. We found out that the company has moved to a new factory/producer and that the formula has changed in some ways. The flavor is not as fresh and tastes more like processed food. We are really disappointed and are hoping that the company can somehow find its way back to making really great bars.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 4, 2010 4:41:45 PM PDT
chooch says:
I agree, the new bars are not nearly as good. I thought it was just my imagination! I wonder if they will get enough customer feedback that they'll switch back to the original recipe. :(

Posted on Oct 6, 2010 10:53:38 PM PDT
Alicia says:
I agree as well, I looked at the ingredients on some of the new ones and they now contain GLUCOSE (sugar) and there's no telling how much. I wonder if this is the new addition?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2010 7:31:06 AM PST
I wonder if glucose was substituted for honey to make it vegan- has the label changed?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2010 9:39:24 AM PST
chooch says:
I just checked the info on my "less tasty" bar and there is still honey in it. Also non GMO glucose.

Posted on Apr 4, 2011 6:18:45 PM PDT
I thought it was me, my faulty memory of how much I liked them, or that the ones I picked up weren't fresh, but I was disappointed. Used to be wonderful crunchy nuts, with just enough sweet stuff to hold the protein together. Now, they are chewy -- like the mass-produced grocery-store variety. What a shame!

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 4:55:46 PM PDT
J. ta says:

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 11:05:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 15, 2012 11:08:06 AM PDT
I liked the old formulation better too, but I still enjoy the new formulation. In honest moments I have to admit these aren't that far off from from candy bars. It bothers me that they advertise "low glycemic index" without giving an actual number to back that up (not even on their website as of the date of this post). It smells of healthwashing. Are Kind bars healthy? That's questionable. Healthier than a Snickers bar? Sure.

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 1:55:00 PM PDT
A Customer says:
I agree, too -- indeed, thank you so much for being the 1st to raise your voice about this issue. Two years have now passed since you posted your excellent feedback -- & lots of us have jumped up to add our voices in agreement -- & still NO improvement from "Kind".

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 7:18:45 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 31, 2012 7:18:59 AM PST]

Posted on Mar 18, 2013 12:33:49 PM PDT
I've only had the new ones since we just discovered them recently. That said, this is our favorite flavor and my kids love them. They are still miles away from any candy bar, since they are made of whole foods like nuts, seeds and dried fruit.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›