5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase!, April 14, 2010
This review is from: niceEshop(TM) Keyboard Silicone Cover Skin for Apple Mac Macbook (Fit 13-15 Inches) ,Black (Personal Computers)
I was a little skeptical about purchasing this since there were only a few reviews, but I think this was a great buy! I was originally geared more toward the transparent, thin keyboard skin but the price deterred me. This particular product was way cheaper, and the quality is great! I really like the fact that the keys are black, because at first glance, people don't even realize I had a keyboard skin on! The fit is perfect, and I actually like the fact that it is slightly thicker than the clear transparent ones because the edges don't curl or lift up at all (however its thin enough that the laptop opens/closes without any issues). It comes in the mail in just a plastic USPS bag, with no filler material, so I was scared that it would be bent or have fold marks, but it was just fine!

I purchased this keyboard for my MacBook Pro 13" Aluminum Unibody.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 28, 2010 1:43:12 PM PDT
Chelsea says:
So does the backlight on the keyboard still shine through when you have the skin cover on?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2010 7:12:15 PM PDT
J. Chen says:
If you're in a pitch dark room, you can slightly see the glow, but it's definitely not as bright if you didn't have the cover. During the day time, or in a regular lit room, the keyboard light is not noticeable. Hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2010 11:20:06 PM PDT
me says:
No, but an unsung benefit of this product is that it makes typing REALLY quiet. So if you have a roommate or spouse that you might be annoying with your typing, this is a great "muffler" as well as protecting your keyboard from accidents. I originally purchased it to protect my keyboard while I'm cooking & baking (most of my recipes are on my MacBook). Now I see it has many other benefits.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2010 9:06:14 PM PDT
miscueRose says:
Having used the skin cover for several months now, have you found that the keys leave an imprint on the screen? I noticed the clear skin covers do this.

Posted on Nov 15, 2010 6:47:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2010 6:59:58 PM PST
Shoot Me says:
Since this product is listed as also supporting the Air, it should be noted that the new MacBook Air models (released October 20, 2010) have a keyboard of a slightly different shape and this skin will not fit them!
You can find out when your Air was released (and hence whether this accessory will work with it) by visiting http://support.apple.com/specs/ and entering the part number of your Air.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2010 6:56:58 PM PST
Chelsea says:
Yes, mine just started doing this. Im not sure if cleaning the oils off the keyboard with rubbing alcohol will work or not. Have yet to try it. But I have heard that you HAVE to make sure the water/soap/whatever you use to clean it is dry before you close your screen on it. I know someone's screen was ruined from it not being dry and closing it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2010 7:04:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2010 7:06:25 PM PST
Shoot Me says:
@Chelsea:
Have you tried using iKlear? (Klear Screen iKlear iPod, iBook & PowerBook Cleaning Kit) It's a light solvent for electronics that seems to work best for cleaning computers, iPhones, etc. Just spray it on a cloth and wipe.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2010 7:06:50 PM PST
@Shoot Me:
No, I haven't. But I am definitely going to give it a try. Thanks for the heads up!

Posted on Dec 17, 2010 12:26:14 PM PST
I have a 13.3 inches screen pro recently. Does your product fit my pro well?

Posted on May 18, 2011 6:50:22 AM PDT
K. Hitchcock says:
Getting a new MacBook Pro, haven't had much luck with keyboard covers. They feel "squishy" and my eternally typing fingers don't like it. It just feels so WEIRD! Maybe this will be better. Thanks for the great review
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›