5.0 out of 5 stars Review of boxset - not show, December 13, 2007
This review is from: Angel: The Complete Series (Collector's Set) (DVD)
To begin I must confess, the only time I have watched Angel..was after it arrived at my door this week in a cute little package. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge "Buffy" fan and own the Chosen Collection (Seasons 1-7). But because I have only recently started watching Angel, this review is for the boxset itself.

Since, I have the Chosen collection, I cannot help but compare the two. Angel the series comes in a (obviously) box, with 5 separate DVD holders that layer to make the face of our lovely brooding Vamp-hero-person guy. The sturdiness of the DVD holders caught my eye right off, they are much better than those in the Chosen collection (which were basically bonded with a weak adhesive) The box kinda folds apart, when you lift the lid, a panel falls down so you can see all the DVD season holders, the panel that falls down has a color pic of the Angel Cast. (this is similar to the Chosen collection)

The set includes a color-print booklet that outlines each episode with a short description. Each page highlights 3-4 episodes (the same number of eps. on the corresponding disc) and on the opposite page is a breakdown of the chapters in each show.

The most exciting feature (for me) is the letter from Joss Whedon to the "Angel Fan". A full letter comes folded in a blue envelope in which Joss Whedon discusses Angel, they whys and hows, and highlights some of his favorite moments. In comparison to the letter in the Chosen collection, Angel takes the cake.

The set is a bit pricey, but if you don't already have the individual seasons and like me, have been thinking and thinking that you MUST watch Angel in order to feel like a true Buffy-verse fan, then go ahead, indulge yourself! ;)

Though I am technically a new fan (not even through the 1st season yet!), for this past show, it has already made me laugh and cry. Some old and new faces to fall in love with.

So sit back, and let the dark mysterious stranger that is our beloved Angel entertain you, I don't think he will disappoint, he hasn't me yet!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 4, 2009 12:50:36 PM PDT
Private says:
Great review-- thank you for reviewing both the set and the content.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2009 7:04:45 AM PDT
Shawn Fumo says:
If only all box sets were put together like this one is. It really is a nice package!

Posted on Feb 13, 2010 4:52:35 AM PST
Good review. It's really annoying when people review something they don't have. One guy reviewed the show but knew nothing of the box set.

Sadly it was refreshing to read a review on this site that actually reviews the product on the page.

Posted on Jun 26, 2010 7:27:19 PM PDT
Is another Language available for the TV Show in this Box Set??

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2010 6:57:24 PM PDT
G. Sferrazza says:
the show has spanish language and subtitles

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2010 6:04:18 AM PDT
Thanks Ill get it today

Posted on Oct 7, 2010 7:42:55 AM PDT
Great review Jenn, and keep watching, it only gets better.

And well, after watching final episode, you'll be begging for more!!

Posted on Jun 4, 2014 1:26:31 PM PDT
N. Pomposo says:
Thanks for the great review it convinced me to get it. I love Angel from start but was afraid of seeing him without Buffy. Hardcore bangel<3

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 10:30:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 24, 2014 11:26:14 AM PDT
Just a note, as someone who was a late bloomer to buffy and angel(now I'm talking yrs ago)I wanted to let you know what huge treat you are in for. I would not endulge for a long time..then when angel left buffy I had to find out what happend with him..I got so hooked on the more adult angel story, I could not stop watching. The best camp, mixed with some very dark, suspenseful and surprising developments, I, did not see commimg. As the series progresses , especially seasons 3 and 4 are riviting, without ever losing the weadon entertainment value. Some say season 5 was disapointing. I loved it? A differant approach and some excellent acting, especially from amy acker . If you were a buffy fan you will love angel. Let us know!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (377 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $29.99