30 of 34 people found the following review helpful
Worth the money !,
This review is from: PlayStation Portable 2000 System - Piano Black (Video Game)Enough good things have been said about this PSP2001 (aka PSP slim and lite)
Just to emphasize
- Top notch screen
- Playing Madden on this and my xbox felt the same
- Extremely easy controls (well built buttons)
- Light weight (won't feel the weight when playing for long hours)
- Battery hardly used when on sleep mode, I have put this on sleep for days and then continued my game from where I left!
- Well designed
- Video quality is amazing
- Video podcast download over the wireless is a GREAT add-on. I watch CNN highlights on this.
- Updating firmware was easier than eating a muffin !
- None that I know of !
- A slight disappointment, if I may, I bought the component cable to connect to my 51" TV. The video quality of the podcasts was unbelievably clear. Now, I knew that the game won't use the entire TV screen (for those who don't know, the game will use about 60-70% of your TV screen). But the quality of the game video was bad, in fact Madden looked terrible on the TV! That is something I did not expect from PSP.
All-in-all, money well spent on the console. I recommend this to anyone, any age, who would like have mobility but still be able to play their Madden etc. as well as get bit more out of the console with video podcast downloads over the air or a music player or a 'OK' web browser or location free client or whatever
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 6, 2009 8:46:59 AM PDT
Dave T says:
What do you expect? The PSP is limited to a resolution of 480x272. That is 0.13 megapixels or roughly half of what a PS2 normally did. Of course it's going to look terrible on a 51" TV (even if it's not using the full TV).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›