5.0 out of 5 stars A Winner in the War Against Dog Hair, August 21, 2011
This review is from: ShedMonster De-Shedding Tool for Medium to Long Coats (Misc.)
Dog Hair Wars

Some dog owners are neophytes in the grooming battle. If you ever get a Siberian Husky or another breed like it, let me tell you, you become an expert in one thing: SHEDDING.

One Siberian Husky breed description site flatly stated, "If you don't like dog hair, don't get a Siberian Husky. This dog is equipped with excessive fur to survive sub zero temperatures. The insulating downy undercoat sheds in early to late spring. They shed a little all year round."

So as a husky owner, I'm now embattled in the never-ending war against dog hair in the house. I've tried slicker brushes, combing the undercoat, and even the pricy FURminator® (over $60 at our local Petco store). But, when you're desperate, you'll even spend $60 on a brush because it promises to "By reducing shedding up to 90%, the FURminator® deShedding Tool."

I've used the FURminator with much success, but I have heard "rumblings" from other dog owners about "brush burn" erupting after using a high-intensity brush like the FURminator. Brush burn is red, irritated skin that can allow bacteria into breaks in your dog's skin from over-eager brushing. This may require veterinary intervention to restore your dog to normal health.
When I was asked to review the Shed Monster brush (As Seen on TV), I agreed, but with a little hesitation.

I do have a husky, therefore, I always, always have a shedding dog. However, I do have a short-haired American Bulldog, named Lucille, and a mutt with a medium coat, named Maggie. Dutchy is the Siberian.

Since it's a sunny, hot Sunday afternoon in Georgia, I decided to try out the Shed Monster brush on all three of the dogs. The brush got an amazing amount of hair out of Dutchy's coat, but that's not impressive. When I used the brush on Lucille's coat, I expected to have little to no success using the brush. I was pleasantly surprised when there were small amounts of fur that came out of her coat, but it seemed like she enjoyed her "mini-massage." Maggie was the best recipient of the work of the Shed Monster.

My hubby, Steve, is the one who has allergies to dogs and dust. He is more rabid about vacuuming the dog hairs. (Thanks, sweetie!). When I told him I was doing a review, he complained at how tenacious the hairs as they cling to the carpet in our bedroom. I recommended that he try out the Shed Monster - and he came out grinning. It worked!

So - one happy customer who recommends the Shed Monster - for getting up the dog hair that's embedded in the carpet. Who knew?

The Shed Monster is available from Amazon for the affordable price of under $20.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 26, 2012 10:34:15 AM PDT
Joy A. Nault says:
A carpet rake works wonder prior to vacuuming the dogs hair out of the carpet. They are sold at THE Container Stores, and work
well on oriental rugs for getting "loose dirt" up and out.

Posted on Jul 28, 2013 6:42:00 PM PDT
DarDar says:
Thank you for your review! I'm curious to know if you still use the shedmonster on your husky over the 2 years that you've had this tool? Or have you reverted back to other grooming tools? I've had my husky for about 1.5 years now and I'm still looking for more effective groom products without all the sharp blades. I'm hoping this is the one!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (342 customer reviews)

$19.99 $14.97