Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. Just...wow., June 16, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: BioShock Infinite - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
I'm nowhere near your average gamer. I'm a 46-year-old wife and mom. I played games with my kid when she was younger, but hadn't picked up a controller in years. Then a year and a half ago I met Nathan Drake, and renewed my love affair with adventure games.

I recently branched out, took a chance on BioShock 1. That was okay, the story was REALLY different, but the gameplay got a tad monotonous after a while. I happened to finish that a couple weeks before Infinite came out. I really had no intention of playing Infinite. None whatsoever. I barely paid attention to its existence.

Then I saw a commercial for it. Which led me to investigate online. Which led me to buy the game, on May 19. I finished it tonight, June 15. Yes, because I work full time, have a family to corral and a million things going on, it took me almost a month to play this game. But OOOOHHHHHH what a month it has been! I have savored EVERY MINUTE of this game. It's been so damn much fun that I actually feel BAD for getting it on sale. Holy guacamole, the art, the story, the characters, the *everything*.

This game is simply stunning. Even if you're just a sorta-kinda-casual game player like me, you will enjoy the living crap out of this. I am so completely going to play it again, as soon as I can pry it out of my daughter's hands.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 30, 2013 3:29:16 PM PST
Great review, Brandi. You may not regard yourself as 'your average gamer,' but your passion & enthusiasm certainly shine through!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2013 8:16:56 PM PST
Brandi says:
Thank you! :-D My enjoyment of this game has not waned one bit. I have played all the way through three times now, and have spent about a billion hours honing my skills in the downloadable add-ons. I'm dying for the last part of that to come out. I'm probably the only middle-age woman you'll ever find who owns a replica skyhook. I'd like to make cookies for everyone at Irrational Games. Ha! SO dang much fun. :)

Posted on Dec 10, 2013 10:46:41 AM PST
Strat says:
Advertising doesn't work on me and rarely does a review make me pull the trigger and buy something. Mission accomplished Brandi. I just ordered it. Thanks for the straight forward, no B.S. review.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2013 6:03:48 PM PST
Brandi says:
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :-D

Posted on Dec 16, 2013 7:45:37 AM PST
A Gamer Guy says:
Man....my mom (not much older than you) doesn't even know how to work a DVD player........

Posted on Dec 22, 2013 7:08:09 PM PST
Someone says:
Ha! I thought I was the only 40 something year old mom that played video games. My 15 year old son laughs at "how bad I am" sometimes, but I can't be too bad since I have completed several games. Like you, it takes a while to complete games because I have so many other things to do, but I still manage. I just finished "The Last of Us". Awesome game! I just ordered Bioshock Infinite. I had actually forgotten about wanting to play this game. I just read your review and it sounds just like something I would like.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2013 8:02:54 PM PST
Brandi says:
::Fives you!:: I am *dying* to play The Last of Us. My family has been warned if I don't find it under the Christmas tree, heads will roll. ;) I hope you have as much fun with Infinite as I did!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2013 8:04:50 PM PST
Brandi says:
LOL That just goes to show that not all moms are alike, and you can't judge a book by its age... or gender... or something... ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2014 7:14:36 AM PST
Hi Brandi: Very nice review. I've played Bioshock and Bioshock 2 (both are excelents games) but haven't have the opportunity to play this yet :(
Anyway, just want to know if you got The Last of Us for christmas!

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 11:06:05 AM PST
I have decieded to give this game a try because of you Brandi, thanks for the review. I actually have a tip for you, since you liked this one so much I suggest The Last of Us. I think you will really enjoy it for the story, graphics and immense emotional roller coaster it will take you on.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›