Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute ... but...., December 8, 2011
This review is from: BEARPAW Women's Emma Tall 612-W Boot (Apparel)
I bought these boots in the Champagne color late October and it's now early December. First of all, I do love these boots. They're super cute, great with leggings & a tunic length sweater or shirt. Plus they're very comfy on my feet even though I'm currently 7 months pregnant. I did use a water protectant on them as soon as I got them to help protect them during our wet snowy Wisconsin winters. All of that said, just this week I noticed that the sole near the toes was coming undone on one of my boots. :( Very disappointed in the quality of these boots. Not sure if I got a fluke pair or what but I plan to contact BEARPAW to inform them of this issue. I'm wondering if a subpar glue was used or something.... The sole shouldn't be coming undone already. They're not even 2 months old! I don't hike in them, am not rough with them, am not doing any crazy activity while wearing them, etc - I strictly wear them running simple errands, grocery shopping, etc. Not sure if others have had this issue or not but be aware that it's possible it could happen to your pair, too. Other than that - and having the sole come undone is an issue to me - these boots are awesome. Hopefully BEARPAW will stand behind their product & help right this situation with me once I contact them.

EDIT: I gave these boots another star because of Bear Paw's AWESOME customer service!! I contacted them, sent them a picture of where the sole was coming apart after only 2 months and they sent me a pair new pairs of boots without me having to spend one extra penny to even ship the old pair back to them. You just don't get that kind of customer service very often these days. I'll always look to Bear Paw's shoes first in the future when I'm in the market for a new pair of boots!

Also, I found these boots to be very true to size. I wear a size 7, got these boots in a size 7 and they fit perfectly. I can wear them with thin ankle socks or even my thicker Smartwool socks on super cold days. These come up to mid-calf (so not knee-high) on me and I'm 5'4.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 10, 2014 2:55:54 PM PDT
Did you order from amazon or bear paw.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2014 3:08:36 PM PDT
K.M. says:
Ordered from Amazon but the faulty shoe wasn't their fault. Hence, why I went directly to bear paw for help on the matter. I still wear & love the replacement pair bearpaw sent me! They're comfy.

Posted on Nov 27, 2014 3:35:20 PM PST
Melissa H. says:
i am debating between the 10 inch shaft and the 12 inch shaft. do you have any thoughts on this? thanks!

Posted on Nov 27, 2014 3:35:36 PM PST
Melissa H. says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2014 8:32:05 AM PST
I had the same question - I am tall (6') plus I like to fold down the top sometimes, plus to wear them tall over leggings, plus for taller snows, a 12" is good. Otherwise the 10" is better.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2014 1:09:10 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 22, 2014 1:10:21 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2014 1:11:10 PM PST
K.M. says:
I'm 5'4 and got the tall 12 inches. I wear mine with leggings mostly & just prefer a taller boot. On me these come up to maybe about 3-4 inches below my knees. I never fold these down so can't comment on that! Note: These (the 12 inch shaft ones) are NOT as tall as my riding boots that do go up to right below my knees.

Posted on Feb 16, 2015 3:19:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2015 3:20:34 PM PST
Ann says:
I second their amazing customer service. Purchased these boots which immediately creased in around the ankles and dug into the back of my ankles. They are going to replace it for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2015 9:23:42 AM PST
Debra Torres says:
I also bought my daughter a pair of Bearpaw tall boots and she wore them only 3 or 4 times before the sole split horizontally on one of the boots. I also contacted Bearpaw directly because I could no longer access the Amazon sale. Hoping Bearpaw will make it good even though they did not get the money!

Posted on Jan 19, 2016 6:46:32 PM PST
one mont hago I buy it in amazon bearpaw boot emma and is not originals boot
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›