3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: HD Car Dashboard Camera Car Accident DVR with LCD and 140 degree wide angle lense IR NIght Vision (Electronics)
For $50 I can't complain *too* much: you get what you pay for. It does work pretty well when it's working: it starts recording when the power comes on, shuts down gracefully when the power goes away, and the HD video isn't *terrible*, which are the main points for having it. But it does have some gotchas:
* It came shipped directly from Hong Kong set in Chinese mode, which made getting to English "challenging" (I think I found the directions online, but it's been a while now and I've forgotten)
* Inserting the microsd card is a little tricky as putting it in upside down isn't solidly blocked, it just feels like you put it in crooked
* the video colors are very muted
* at night, bright lights smear a lot, but is reasonably sensitive
* Make sure you have a Universal Reset Tool with you! After several stops and starts, it has a habit of crashing. A ballpoint pen is too big - only a paper clip will work (but then it's good to go for a while again; this seems to happen on powerup).
* in my car, you have to mount it so that it only has about 1/4 turn of threads and then use the tightener to hold it in place.
* be careful putting it back on the mount, as it's easy to push buttons that change the mode and end up without recording when you thought you were