5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME! No Buzz, No Hum, No Hiss, No Pops!, April 16, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400 Dolby Surround Sound Gaming Headset (Video Game)
I was able to snag these on Amazon a few days ago for $180, which was a STEAL! I mainly play MW3 (XBOX) so here is my review for now, I will update my review in a week or two with updates on the Surround Sound Angles.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
- XP400 Wireless Headset
- XP400 Transmitter
- Digital Optical Cable (approx 4 feet)
- Headset Charging Cable (12 feet)
- Bluetooth Chat Adapter (PS3 & XBOX Compatible)
- User Guide

XBOX
PS3
PC

FEATURES:
Bluetooth (BT) XBOX Live Chat or optional Wired Chat. I've tried both and the Wired Chat sounds better and breaks up less obviously, but I wanted to be completely wireless so I went with the Wireless BT. BT for cellphones so you can receive, deny or end calls via the headset which is awesome. *Note, the TurtleBeach XBOX Live TalkBack Cable is NOT included.*

Mic, the mic is removable and it has a "mic monitor" dial which is awesome. I turn it all the way up so I can hear myself so I don't scream.

Battery, it has a built in rechargeable lithium-ion battery. I'm not too sure how I feel about this yet, as being able to replace batteries can be nice it can also be very inconvenient. You can also charge the headset while playing with no popping, hissing, humming, etc which was great.

Surround Sound Angles, it comes with 6 surround sound angles, I have yet to find one I like best but they all work surprisingly well. Better than the older X41s and XP500.

Surround Sound ON/OFF Button is also nice to hear the difference.

Blast Limiter, I thought this was awesome. It allows you to "limit" the sound of background blast and gun fire to focus on the soft sounds such as footsteps, which I rely on heavily since I use Dead Silence in MW3.

Tone Presets, it comes with 4 tones presets, flat, bass boost, treble boost, and bass & treble boost. I prefer Flat myself.

SOUND:
Bass/Treble/Mids - Amazingly clear and loud, they sound better than the X32's I returned for these.

BUILD: Awesome build, not as cheap as the X32, overall a much better build quality.

COMFORT:
The headset is very comfortable. The ear cups also are comfortable around my ears and they don't put pressure on my head so they don't give me headaches which is nice. They are slightly too big for my smaller head however, but they fit good enough.

HAVE A WIRELESS ROUTER:
I have a Netgear Dual-Band router with a total of 10 devices connected wirelessly, 7 on the 2.4GHz spectrum and 3 on the 5GHz spectrum and I have NO issues of any popping, hissing, humming, buzzing, etc.

HAVE LOTS OF WIRELESS DEVICES:
I have had 2 iPhones, an iPad, Roku, Roku2, iMac and PC laptop connected wirelessly at the same time while I game with NO issues. Keep in mind my Xbox is the only thing I have hard wired. I also have turned the microwave on two rooms away and still have NO, I repeat NO issues.

WIRELESS ROUTER IN CLOSE PROXIMITY:
I also have my headset no less 8 feet away from my router and STILL DO NOT have any issues. This is an amazing headset.

[Add comment]