3.0 out of 5 stars Great Price for a cheap Mount, May 8, 2011
This review is from: Mount-it! MI-310B-CBL Swivel Mount for 32-Inch to 60-Inch Plasma and LCD TV (Electronics)
5 stars for the price, 1 star for the quality gives it a 3 star overall.

PROS-I bought this mount for my Panasonic 58" plasma and it attached correctly. The mounting was easy to the wall. The price was great.

CONS- Very flimsy when extended out, so I have it pushed all the way back, to take the weight off the swivel arms. This unit does not have a UL listing or equivilent, which many of the higher priced mounts do. It has an overall cheap feel to it. I check it every so often to make sure the bolts that hold the Tv bracket to the wall mount arent coming loose or out, which I believe could happen.

So the saying goes...you get what you pay for

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 4, 2011 7:20:21 PM PDT
Proctor X says:
Agree about the lack of UL, but the bolts (standard threaded) going into the studs are likely the same as any other mount... if they were of lesser quality, they would sheer, not loosen or come out horizontally I.e., catastrophic fail versus warning.
I got the same thing for my 60" Panasonic... I have it extended out a bit, but yeah, feels weird moving it around. Probably because we spent $1000k on a tv and hung it on a $100 mount. Mount doesn't feel cheap, it's steel and I seen no evidence of
Would like to see some 'official' demo mounts at a store with a tv this size.
Lemme know if something bad happens and I'll do vice-versa- good luck to both of us!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 12:28:51 PM PST
I ordered this mount for my 42" Panasonic and decided to go with a cart stand in my home office. A bit bulky but allows me to move it around when necessary. I digress. I'm ordering the Panasonic TC-P60ST50 60-inch. Since you have a 60" TV are you still confident with this stand if you're still using it? Would you recommend me to get a different one?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 6:50:48 AM PST
BauPow says:
The mount has held up since I bought it. I had to mount a few TV mounts at my work, which were nice UL listed ones and this one did seem flimsy compared to those but overall I can't complain. I don't swivel the TV or extend it out so it feels safe where it is. I really dont like to move it because it shakes and feels like it may be stressing the arms.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 12:37:37 PM PST
Thank you. I spent - believe it or not - about 4 hours researching mounts as there are so many w/so many different price ranges and I came across this one and realized, I already had it. I'm scared to death of mounting it to the wall myself. I've done some minor handyman to do items around the house but with this investment I think I'll call the company as they're local to install it. The weight alone leaves my logic thought process in question as it's so heavy and combined with the television I fear it would be ripped out of the wall eventually or with a slight tremor. That said I've never had anything like a mount on a television in my house and I think my fear is that I've never really seen a 60" television mounted. Regardless, thank you for the response. :o)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 3:29:03 PM PST
Proctor X says:
Hey William - it's been a year for me with my Panasonic 60" and no problems. Installation and mounting the tv is absolutely a 2 person process, and a power drill with a hex driver to fit the bolts would be a great help.

I have had my tv pulled out from the wall on the accordion arms for the past year, no issue. I just pushed mine in a bit to have some people over for poker, with such a heavy tv you need to be pretty careful getting the arms to move right in the back. Agree with BauPow, I don't move mine around much.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 4:33:10 PM PST
Thanks Proctor. That's what I thought and I get my TV delivered on the 2nd and I've called Mount-It as they're here in San Diego where I'm at so I'm going to see the costs to have them do it. Sadly, I'm a self-admitted minor handyman type guy around the house and a little nervous about doing that one myself considering the investment. Thank you for your response. :o)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›