5.0 out of 5 stars Great Antenna - exceeds expectations, December 22, 2011
This review is from: Leaf Plus Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I received the antenna very quickly, and set up was very simple. According to the FCC maps I should have good reception for 11 stations, and moderate for 5 more. I was thrilled that with this INDOOR antenna I received more like forty stations very clearly. I played with the position somewhat and rescanned and depending where in the room I placed the antenna I received between 39-44. The image is so much clearer than what I was getting with cable. Thanks Mohu for a wonderful product!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 1, 2012 9:55:51 AM PST
Greeneyes says:
Would you mind telling me if this is easy to hook up and do I need to buy special cables or other accessories?I called the company but they're not taking calls at this time. I'm a woman with limited knowledge of electronics, it's a bit embarrassing, but I really want to get rid of cable bills. I tried watching a you tube Video, but it kept shutting down. Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 3:08:51 PM PST
Don Jones says:
It comes with a 6ft coax cable and a USB/cable and power brick for the amplifier. If you plan to place the antenna more than 6ft away from your TV/receiver, you will have to purchase longer cables. Best to put near a window.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 6:38:49 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 12:00:16 PM PST
stereowiz1 says:
4 people gave 5 stars to the same product on the same date before release.
They did not buy it from Amazon and have not written other reviews.
What are the odds? Probably work for Leaf

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2012 8:26:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 6, 2012 10:14:36 AM PST
December 31, 2011

Resembling a piece of laminated paper with a cable tacked on, the Leaf from Mohu looks like it may have been designed by a man wearing a tinfoil hat while locked in his parents' basement. Don't let its austere appearance fool you. Its reception in the market has been massive, and it has been priced below $40 through December.

Mohu says the Leaf has omnidirectional reception and no adjustments are needed. My results varied depending on where the antenna was placed. The signal strength in your location will affect your options of course. A TV's tuner quality will also have an effect.

I mounted the Leaf behind two different TVs on opposite ends of our home, and tried it in several different positions near the TVs.

The Leaf is just 9-by-11.5-by-0.04 inches and has a 6-foot cable. One side is white and the other is black.

[Sample Our Free Connecticut Business Midday Newsletter]

At its best it collected all but one station - one that even my larger outdoor-style antenna struggles with. Some more obscured locations that inhibited reception did drop another station or two, but a simple adjustment brought them back.

The Leaf Plus with its powered amplifier might have done the job, but I did not have it to test. Chances are if the $75 Leaf Plus won't work for you then you are going to need an outdoor antenna. It is affordable and simple. The Leaf's size and shape allows for various mounting options like behind a picture on the wall or tucked beneath a cabinet. There are adhesive hook and loop tabs included.

The Leaf is not going to solve reception issues. If you are in an area with reasonable reception and without unusually noisy interference then the Leaf should work very well.

Is it a winner? At $40 or less, I think so, and so have others: Earlier this year HDTV Magazine called it the "best indoor antenna we have tested!" Sound and Vision Magazine praised its performance and flexible form factor.

Matthew Fortner, MCT

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2012 8:35:22 AM PST
stereowiz1 says:
Yes, please send link.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012 11:06:13 AM PST
D. Sharp says:
@stereowiz1, How many places are you going to post this? Me thinks you have a issue with the product, it works well for the rest of us. And I don't work for Mohu.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012 12:17:22 PM PST
Greeneyes says:
I posted this article for the person who said he thinks we're all shills for Mohu. This is it as far as I'm concerned. He e-mailed me and asked for the review. The Leaf looks great to me but I really like to watch HGTV and MSMBC, so I guess I'll pass.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2012 11:25:23 PM PST
funny says:
You screw the cord from the antenna in to the spot where you have cable plugged in to your TV. Just relax.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2013 10:59:51 AM PST
A. Langston says:
I actually have received similar products free as part of a sampling audience. This could be the case.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›