5.0 out of 5 stars This watch is almost like a crystal ball that foresees the future., October 16, 2011
This review is from: Casio Men's PAG240T-7CR "Pathfinder" Triple-Sensor Multi-Function Titanium Watch (Watch)
This watch is amazing. It predicts the future! The watch can predict if my joints are going to hurt while looking nice on my wrist. Before I got this watch I did not know what low and high atmospheric pressure meant. Yes I heard it thousand of times on TV but I had no idea that the atmospheric pressure was so important and that is had to do so much with the weather patterns. The only thing I knew is that when the weather was bad my joints would hurt. Now I know why.
The compass feature works. It will show me the right way and works perfectly. The altimeter feature is awesome, it will tell me when I will run out air and will get very tired easily. I is almost like a crystal ball that foresees the future.

The sunrise sunset time feature is great. It tells me how many hours of sunlight in a particular day of the year I will have. Nice feature if you do not want to be stuck in the dark. Please note that the default sunset and sunrise calculation is Japan. You will have to read the manual to find your place in the world and set the watch correctly.

The world time feature will show you where in the world is 5 pm so you get out of work.

The titanium band will ensure I do not have to worry about it for several years. My other plastic and metal solar watches bands always go bad before the watch does. I own several solar watches with broken plastic and metal bands. Just one word of advice, if you are removing the links your self to resize the band, be very careful with a little spacer that holds the pin inside the link. If you loose that, the pin will not stay put and the link will be useless. I learned the hard way. Watch carefully where the tiny cylindrical spacer goes and how it works.

Solar watches are the way to go. My oldest solar watch is twelve years old and still works. I will never buy a battery operated watch, what a waste of money and time.

I spend all day watching my watch. It is interesting observing the atmospheric pressure graph. It shows you the atmospheric fluctuations every two hours and displays it in a tiny graph in the watch. The temperature sensor is not very accurate if you leave the watch in your wrist. You can adjust the reading but you will have to read the big tiny manual to learn all the crystal ball's secrets.

Enjoy it, it is a fun watch to own.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 14, 2013 10:20:15 PM PDT
Rath My says:
I am getting one because I do go out and take long walks so this watch will be perfect for me and thank you for sharing about how much you enjoyed having this watch :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2013 3:25:37 PM PDT
Al says:
Hi, I am glad you are getting the watch. It is a lot of fun. We just went in to a five mile hike though the mountains at 5500 ft in altitude and we could not believe how different the atmospheric pressure is at that height. The watch is very accurate on a altimeter and atmospheric pressure measurements. We were getting tired because we are not use to the height of the mountains. It feels a little like you are out of breath much faster than at sea level. We live at sea level so we are not used to it. The Compass feature helped us too when we were kind of lost. Have fun with your new watch. Make sure to read the manual.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2013 5:23:04 AM PDT
Rath My says:
Hi and thank you again for the good advice and info about this cool watch ! I am glad I bought this watch with the price is being lower than some on amazon or I'm just lucky enough to have one before it soon be sold out lol the price is worth it if a watch as cool as this with all the great features in it and would last a long time .....it is a must have ! :) you have a great day :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›