5.0 out of 5 stars A great classic movie., June 3, 2012
This review is from: The Rescuers: 35th Anniversary Edition (The Rescuers / The Rescuers Down Under) (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging) (Blu-ray)
Eva Gabor, the woman who did the voice of the female mouse is my fave woman actor. I just adore Eva's accent. What I like about these movies is; the music, comedy, classic Disney magic, charm, and the heart in it. These movies i feel are timeless and a great family film for all. Perfect for all ages of Disney lovers! My fave of these two movies is the second. I like the Aussie theme and it just never seems to get old to me. Plus, this movie is just so sweet. Like where Bernard was trying to porpoise to Bianca. My fave scene in the second movie, was the part where the mouse substitutes the rocks for the eagle eggs. It's sad that they just don't make movies like this anymore. This movie is definitely worth watching. I'm trying to get up the be one of the top 1000 reviews. So please before you dislike this just tell me what you don't like below so that I can get better. Thanks for reading and God bless you.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 16, 2012 3:00:04 PM PDT
Hi "Sweet Kawaii", I've also written a review on the RESCUERS with you. You were wanting suggestions to help you improve on your reviews. A really GREAT example of a good reviewer is T.B. Grant! She wrote a lot of the reviews for the MURDER SHE WROTE series on dvd and garners a lot of helpful votes. Punch in a few seasons so you can view her reviews. Hope this is helpful for you. Warmest personal regards, Matahari Knows :o)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 3:34:55 PM PDT
Daydreamer says:
Thanks so much. I'm also a huge fan of murder she wrote.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 4:23:48 PM PDT
Sometime you can click on to Top Reviewers on the left side of the page and view the top one thousand reviewers and try to learn from their formatting. Also, try to make sure your spelling and grammer is correct. You can edit your review and make corrections if you make a mistake (or, if a consumer points out your error for you in the comment section.) Warmly. :o)

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 7:14:35 PM PDT
M. Rodriguez says:
This is not a good review because it's not about the movies. All you talk about is the female voice. No one cares. They want to know about the PRODUCT, not who your favorite actor is or favorite scene. That being said, it's hard to write "good" reviews on something like movies or books, you never know how people will react to them. You don't want to give away too much plot, and your opinion may be the opposite opinion of the reader, and they may not like your post simply because they don't agree with you, not necessarily because it was a poorly written review. My advice, just stick to the facts about the product, what you liked (or disliked) about the product, and why the readers will like (or dislike) the product. What makes it unique, what makes it work, what makes it not work? I review a lot of books, and with those you never know how the votes will go. I find that consumer products are much better to write reviews for.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 10:17:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 26, 2012 10:18:31 PM PDT
Daydreamer says:
I understand where you are coming from M. Rodriguez. I operate the advice. However, my fave thing about these movies was the female voice actor. I really enjoy adding fun facts to my reviews. I feel that they add more fun to the sometimes boring humdrum of modern daily life. Normally my fan facts come off pretty well. However, I will trim down my review a little to make it more streamlined.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 4:23:23 PM PDT
deaddog says:
Sweet Kawaii, I think you are on the right track with the part about adding your personal favorite things etc. Don''t leave those parts out or overly streamline your reviews. But as M. Rodriguez pointed out, we would also hope to glean something in regards to the actual product itself, especially make sure to distinguish which version of the product you are reviewing because Amazon tends to lump all the reviews together which can be often be a challenge to decipher exactly which version the reviewer is reviewing.

Like I said though, definitely keep the things you like personally in your reviews as well. Your reviews will be not only be more personal and insightful, but also educational to customers who are trying to decide which version is right for them. Keep up the good work!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 5:32:37 PM PDT
Daydreamer says:
Thanks so much K. Goodwin.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 9:27:19 AM PDT
David Laine says:
As people have said, a good review should speak to the product itself, so you need to address what makes this Blu-Ray version special. Especially when dealing with Blu-Ray re-releases of older movies, a lot of your potential readers may already have the DVDs, and are thinking about upgrading. Is the transfer good? How about the sound? Are the Blu-Ray extras entertaining and informative? Is it worth the upgrade, or should I save my $20-30 and stick with the DVD?

As the Blu-Ray version has yet to come out, I really have no regard for reviews of it. I already know I like the movies, so I want to hear about whether or not the Blu-Ray is worth it. In this regard, which is a common concern among review readers (as is evident from the comments you've received so far that tell you to address the specific product), a review of a non-existent product has limited or no merits. This review was written pre-maturely, so I find it unhelpful.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 3:11:54 PM PDT
J. Beshansky says:
Well the re-release is on August 21 next Tuesday so we really don't know what the picture quality or how the new Blu Ray and DVD re-releases are going to fully work yet. Hopefully this will be a lot better than the previous releases (The Rescuers Down Under Gold Classic Collection (2000); The Rescuers (2003) DVDs).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›