4 of 6 people found the following review helpful
These are fantastic!,
This review is from: Skip Hop Zoo Melamine Plate and Bowl Set, Owl (Baby Product)
I was really impressed at the incredible quality of these plates and bowls. Here's why I love them:
1) They are pretty much the cutest sets of toddler plates and bowls I have seen. Truly, I don't think the pictures do them justice. They are adorable!
2) They are made of a much heftier plastic, which is heavier but not too heavy for my toddler to lift. This heavier construction means she isn't chasing her plate around her high chair tray when eating - it stays put.
3) They are perfectly designed with the toddler in mind. The bowls are deep and wide - meaning it is fantastic for toddler yoghurt, soups, cereal, porridge, etc. She is able to completely finish the food in this bowl without needing my help to scrap down the sides or the bottom - she can reach it herself. The plates are wonderful for a picky eater (like mine!) who doesn't like her food to touch. The two separated compartments are deep without being "too deep".
4) My toddler seems to enjoy eating more with this set. That may or may not be a fluke, but since getting these adorable plates mealtime has becomes less of a power struggle. She likes eating to reveal the faces!
5) They (so far!) are holding up very well in the dishwasher. No cracks or peeling faces.
My only criticism with these plates and bowls is that they are not microwave safe, but really for all the other benefits, I haven't really noticed. I just use a different plate to heat up the food and transfer it over! A great purchase - you will notice the superior quality, I am sure.