5 of 8 people found the following review helpful
Returning it tomorrow. The technology is not ready it seems.,
This review is from: LG Cinema Screen 55LM8600 55-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 240Hz Dual Core LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses (2012 Model) (Electronics)
Is a TV supposed to Crash ?
Is there supposed to be sections of the TV clearer than others when it should be all black?
Why do every App or everything you do take time to load, if it isn't crashing of course ?
If you see this in a store, look at the Box, see the features they promote and then really test them:
Smart TV: What are the smart features:
- Facebook: It was down the first week I had it, then it worked and it reminded me of software I had on my first PC in 2000. If someone posts something on their wall, you can see what they wrote, but not what they posted.... useless.
- Youtube: Try to load a video, most videos do not work and you spend 20 minutes being redirected to a next video, then a next one... I don't get it.
- Netflix: Basic, not even the subtitle feature you get on a 4 year old xBox
- Games: I just don't know where to start, they recycled Games that probably existed on the first connected TV sets 10 years ago.
- Internet: The worst Internet browsing experience you will ever have.
You get the point, no effort was made to make this TV Smart or fast. Get an Xbox or Apple Tv.
2d to 3d: Really ? Try it, tell me what you think.
3D: I just tried the free 3D Korean Videos that came with the TV... Cool if you are watching a 3 min Video, don't think I would enjoy a movie, would end up having a headache or seeing double for a while But this is personal.
Dual Play: Ok, this is pretty cool if you are 2 (You must get special glasses to play this). Not perfect, but cool. You will get a headache quick and it is not fun if someone else is spectating the game, since they won't see anything (except if you get more Dual Play Glasses)
All in all, I think the best thing is to get a very good TV and leave the Smart features to Apple or a connected PC or Game Console.