4.0 out of 5 stars I don't use all of its features, but what I use, I love!, June 28, 2010
This review is from: The Ultimate Diet Log (Spiral-bound)
I have been journaling my food for the past 7 years. In that time I have used 3 different brands of journal. I found that they all had great features but none had everything I would want in a journal.

Now that I have used The Ultimate Diet Log for almost 2 months, I can say that it has a lot of the features I love. It also has features that I have not used before (though I may eventually try them), such as an indication of hunger or fullness at each meal and an indication of how you are doing with your goals on a daily basis.

If, like me, you are used a journal that allows you to record data for a year, you should know that this is only a 26-week journal. It is as thick as (and perhaps even thicker than) the 52-week journals I've used, but it begins with 83 pages of text on how to use the log and how to focus on priority areas in your goals.

I've uploaded photos of actual log pages so you can see what each page includes. Each day is split into segments for breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner. Each page has a (too small for me) box to record exercise and a daily wrap up. My favorite feature of the daily wrap up is "Success of the Day." I often use this space to give myself kudos when I made a meal at home when I really wanted to call for pizza or go out to eat, or when I have made a baby step toward a new habit. Most pages also include a food, nutrition or fitness tip or fact.

At the end of each week, there is a whole page for weekly wrap-up. This is a great place to reflect on your week and note what went well and what didn't, what insights you gained as a result, and how you plan to do it next week. Love this!

I bought this journal (after looking at about a dozen others) when I discovered that the journal I'd been using for most of the past 7 years was no longer available in spiral-bound form. I find the binding important to be able to let it lie flat on my bathroom counter so I am prompted to enter data regularly.

I recommend this journal to those who journal their food, exercise, goals, etc.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]