677 of 690 people found the following review helpful
Finally It's HERE!
, March 27, 2012
This review is from: Nikon COOLPIX P510 16.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 42x Zoom NIKKOR ED Glass Lens and GPS Record Location (Black) (OLD MODEL) (Electronics)
Let me start by saying I have been waiting for this camera since early February. And waiting and waiting long after it was supposed to be released February 15th. Today I finally got mine! (obviously only having it for a few hours won't allow me to give the best review but I would like to point out some of the things I have noticed)
I am an avid camera collector and Nikon fan, taking classes in high school and college (and the last thing I needed was yet another camera) but I was unhappy with my options. My DSLR took fantastic pictures but was too heavy to carry around for everyday use and my basic point and shoot was the perfect pocket size, but took less than decent pictures. I was hoping a bridge camera would solve all of my problems.
Pros so far:
- Camera powers on very quickly.
- Its surprisingly light and compact without sacrificing amazing picture quality.
- The camera body has a nice grip on it so it's easy to hold on to and stays in your hand.
- The pop out screen makes it oh so easy to see pictures you're taking at weird angles.
- Easy to use (especially for those people who aren't comfortable with adjusting ISO and shutter speed manually - but can be adjusted for those who are)
- Has tons of settings (hard to say forsure but seems like it performs well in low light situations)
- The zoom is INCREDIBLE (I can take a picture of a lego mini figure from 20 feet away with better clarity and image quality than I could right in front of the object with my point and shoot)
The downsides I have noticed so far:
-Video is alright, when I blow it up on my computer it doesn't look to be true HD quality but it's good. Also the zoom on the video can be heard no matter what which is a little annoying.
-The zoom on the actual camera is very slow if you're extending it the full range and it takes a few seconds to focus.
- Battery life is not that good - would definitely recommend getting a back up!
Overall I LOVE this camera. Sure you may find a Canon or Olympus that has slightly better reviews in one feature or another, but let's be real, no camera has it all. However, in my opinion so far this comes pretty close!
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you?