Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

5.0 out of 5 stars Compatible with the Note 10.1!, September 19, 2012
This review is from: Aduro® Samsung Galaxy Tablet Extra Long USB Charge & Sync Data Cable (6.5 feet) USB to 30 Pin, Galaxy Tab 7", 8.9",10.1" (Personal Computers)
Yes, this cable WILL work on the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet.

No, it will not enable simultaneous charging via USB and PC sync mode, as the name awkwardly implies.

It's still a good cable to have on hand, as it is extra long and the cable that Samsung supplies with their tablets tends to be on the extra-short side.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 24, 2012 6:29:13 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 24, 2012 6:29:44 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 6:29:30 AM PDT
Brad says:
NO cable will "enable" simultaneous data and charge mode. Computer USB ports cannot provide enough power for the tablet for operation AND charging, so when the tablet detects it is connected to a computer, it suspends charging unless it is turned off to keep from frying your computer. The way Android devices detect a high power charging port is if a pair of data wires are shorted together. Therefore, if a cable is made to trick the tablet to think it is connected to a high power USB charging port, data CANNOT work.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2012 8:08:39 PM PDT
how smart comment is that!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 10:40:24 AM PST
That is almost completely untrue. Yes, the computer USB port may not supply as much power as the normal charger, it will still slowly charge. In my experience, even though my Samsung tablet (Galaxy Tab 2) says it is not charging on the little icon, it will still charge, and eventually reach 100% - while it is on and operating, not even on standby. I see it right now as we speak, using this cable.

However, there is nothing special about this cable; the same thing happens with the original Samsung cable. But unlike this cable, the Samsung cable actually can transfer data; this one doesn't even indicate that it's connected by either the tablet or the computer.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2013 2:01:43 PM PST
So basically this cord is a charging cord, but you cannot do the data transfer you do with the default cord the tablet came with?

I do notice my tablet does charge when hooked up via USB, but yes its painfully slow. It charges at only a fraction of the rate that it does when just plugged in to a power outlet. But the cord is pretty short, so this seems worth buying to have an extra or longer charging cord.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2013 2:42:04 PM PST
In my experience with my Tab 2, this is exactly the case. I should say, though, that I suspect there is a possibility it may connect on some computers because it does try, but my only Windows computer is an old Thinkpad with XP that I use mainly for scanning and fax-modem. I have a somewhat newer desktop, but I run Linux, so no Kies software. However, normally it will work with Calibre and some other software, and doesn't with this cable.

To be honest, I rarely need to connect via a wire for data transfer. FTP is my preferred method when I need it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2013 4:52:31 PM PST
Brad says:
I'm pretty sure mine will charge and data transfer with this cable. It has been a while, but I'm pretty sure I installed the Ice Cream Sandwich update on mine with this. Maybe not. I too rarely connect to a computer. I use Google Drive to share files. On the Tab 2, you can use a Micro SD.

An update to my comment about simultaneous data/charging... to make it more clear... If the tablet is off or asleep, it will charge SLOWLY from a computer port. That isn't simultaneous data and charge though, since it won't transfer data while off or asleep.

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 9:12:12 AM PST
Opticlusion says:
My 10.1 Note does not like to charge with this cable. Completely turned off and at 10% battery life takes well over 24 hours to complete a charge. I have had other cables (though they didn't hold up to repeated use) charged in a standard amount of time. I am disappointed with this one. It may be great for some of the other Galaxy Tabs though.

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 8:50:17 PM PDT
Ben Cole says:
Are you crazy? This is the absolute worst cable I have ever laid eyes on. By perpetuating lies and promoting a product you know is bad you are a disgrace to humanity and should be ashamed of yourself.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›