1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
lots of fun,
This review is from: LEGO Batman - PC (Video Game)
First, this game is lots of fun. The number of playable characters and free play make for lots of re-play fun, too. I got it to install and p;lay on my newer PC with Windows 7 Home Ultimate 64 bit and my clunky laptop with Windows XP. So, why only four stars overall? A long list of ways it could have been better. None of them are that major, but they ad up to a one-star deduction.
1) There's now way to save mid-way through a level. This is only a problem on story mode, but it's annoying when I only want to play for a few minutes. There are obvious points where saves could be built in.
2) The suit upgrades are glitchy. sometimes they work, sometimes not. Some on the Internet have tied this to characters (e.g., Batman instead of Batgirl), but I don't think so.
3) Another glitch--the keyboard controls are nothing like what I read in the instruction book. Memorizing the configuration menu (or customizing it) takes some effort, but not too much.
4) The keyboard also doesn't offer the best interface when the game is picky about taking an exact path. My basic controller seems to have plenty of buttons to play, but the configuration insists on filling up the options with an X-Box controller or similar. that's an issue for non-gamers like me, but not too bad.
5) I wish there were more obscure playable characters instead of some of the hencmen and similar "extras." For example, some characters from the Dam West series, more female characters (e.g., Talia Al Ghul, Batgirls other than Barbara Gordon, Oracle, Huntress, etc.). Most casual fans will be satisfied that the major characters are all available, but they could have done better.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 12, 2012 4:44:51 PM PDT
Hi I see you mentioned that you installed the game on both Windows 7 and XP. I want to buy this game for my son and all we have is Windows 7. Dis it install without errors and did it play OK in Windows 7?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›