5.0 out of 5 stars 1 year later. Impressive. New updates. Case Mod. Signal strength., April 10, 2013
This review is from: [180 days warranty] ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy S III 7000mAh Extended Battery + Free Black Extended TPU Full Edge Protection Case(Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9300, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i535, T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung T999, U.S. Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3 R530, and Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung L710) ***NFC for S Beam and Google Wallet***- WORLD'S HIGHEST S3 BATTERY CAPACITY **USA PATENT PENDING DESIGN**- Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
1 YEAR 1 MONTH UPDATE: Like a beast it is still rocking. Charge times have not changed. Battery time is still the same. I am really amazed. And having modified the Otterbox to fit it I am really quite content. I cannot compare to any other batteries in this size as I have no need since this has done it's job for the last year without pause.

UPDATE ON BATTERY TIME: Using the phone on the lowest brightness I got 117.5 hours = 4 days 19 hours of runtime. Using the phone at the brightest screen setting I got 64.5 hours = 2 days and 16 hours of runtime. Charging from 0% took 12 hours but I found a glitch, it will say 100% at 6 hours, but when you unplug it, it drops down to 60% or so. Plug it back in and charge it to 100% in another 6 hours. This battery truly does rock.

UPDATE ON SIGNAL STRENGTH: I decided to try the free apps. After testing I may need to try the paid apps or just call it quits on testing. I used 2 apps. Cell Signal Strength and Network Signal Strength. I turned WiFi off. I restarted the phone so nothing but the DBM apps were running. I used the ZeroLemon and the Samsung battery included with the phone. Guess what folks? Both batteries returned the same results no matter in the 3 places I stood. This was the highest score GSM STR: 22 LTE RSRP: 99DBM They fluctuated but mostly came back to these numbers. This is why I may need to try the paid apps. I still honestly think that signal strength in Arizona is the issue and not the battery. I just don't know. I get calls and internet almost everywhere it just slows down dramatically indoors. Sorry for the inconclusive results.

UPDATE ON CASE MOD: Used a dremel on the OTTERBOX DEFENDER inner plastic case, cut out the size of the battery. Fits perfectly with the silicon skin to hold it all together (really fits perfectly) and I still have the corners of the phone protected by the case. I am really glad I altered the DEFENDER case to fit this battery. Like walking around with a brick now. And looking at it you can't really tell that it holds this monster battery. If you own the DEFENDER, do yourself a favor and mod it. You will not regret it.

UPDATE: Just found out about modding my OTTERBOX DEFENDER to fit this battery. Will do it this week and say if it is worth destroying a OTTERBOX for. I have been dying for a good protective case. The one provided is fine but not drop rated. Glad I got a spare case to play with. Anyways battery still going strong.

Just got it today. Fast ass delivery, thanks Amazon.

Packaging was simplistic and beautiful. Well done zip-lock bag. I like that. This thing is heavy, never forget your phone just on weight alone.

Opened it up, they have directions printed on the battery, at first I thought it was in some sort of plastic shell, realized the whole thing was the battery.
(Damn you Amazon let me post my own pics) Popped out old battery and jacked this one in, was scared to press down on the extended part of the battery but it gave and locked in, tight fit, excellent design.

Snapped the cover on, seems ok. It does bulk up the phone quite a bit and makes you feel like you are carrying a Mid-early 90's Cell phone. Not a bad thing.

Came charged at 53% and in an hour was up to 79%, 10mins later it was at 81%, you do the math. I think that is a great rate for such a battery.

I am thoroughly impressed. Sadly I cannot use my Otterbox Defender obviously. So for long trips this suits me and for reg day stuff I will go back to my Defender/Samsung combo.

Will update on battery life. As time goes on. As of writing 30 mins added 5%

Update 10: Battery still running strong, only one thing has become of any concern and that is loss of signal in buildings. This could be attributed to weather or my provider AT&T. I honestly don't know. It just seems since summer started that I find it harder to get a signal indoors. At home no problem and while driving not an issue but when I enter a building, I tend to get about a 50% chance of connecting. Otherwise I cannot complain about the battery life nor will I. I really like the fact I can run this all day and not have to even think about charging. The back cover has also taken a beating and stays true to form. For the price and the longevity, this battery is a best buy.

Update 9: 6.5 hours till 100% charge. This thing is beast. I will now update monthly. I never seem to run out of power, interesting note: sometimes the battery percentage increases. Strange.

Update 8: Charging now, I will time how long until 100% and both icons appear.

Update 7: 57 hours later and we hit 3%. I say incredible, holy s***. I am constantly on some app doing one thing or another and it lasted this long. Max Screen brightness was about 8 hours.

Update 6: 39 hours without plugging in and it is 30%. Really good!

Update 5: 27 hours no charging. 66% left! Amazing!

Update 4: 17 hours unplugged. Went on the road, phone calls, Google maps, texting, FB, web search, screen brightness maxed. You get the point. 78% BAM! About 7% lost while out for a few hours.

Update 3: Unplugged 14 hours ago. 85% with varying usage. Going on the road for about 2 hours where most of the workload will be done on the phone, we shall see how it puts up with heavy use.

Update 2: According to the phone, battery is fully charged now, both 100% icons show. Might get an App to verify but that is only 6.5 hours to full. Not bad from 53%

Update 1: Approximately 4 hours and it is 100% They say 12 hours to fully charge. My phone has yet to say "Unplug charger" so it is probably still charging. Will update.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 29, 2013 4:22:45 PM PDT
Just curious as to how the battery is doing now since you have had it almost a month and a half?

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 6:13:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2013 6:14:06 PM PDT
Thanks for asking Ryan.

It still holds a charge for 2.5 days and charges in about 6-7 hours. And I use my phone all day long. Constantly.

One thing has come up, the signal has gone down. I seem to have a harder time connecting when in a building. I am in Arizona. I don't know much about the cell towers or if the weather affects the signal, but it has been reduced. Phone still functions just not to well inside. At home it is perfect.

Otherwise, I really cannot complain about the battery. I just need it too stay alive for a day. And in that respect it does the job with flying colors.

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 3:07:51 PM PDT
tonya shive says:
How much signal is lost when battery is in use?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2013 4:37:12 PM PDT
J. Seidel says:
It seems to be about 25% to 33% signal loss outside and when in a building the average is about 50% to 75% and some rare cases of no signal at all. Not a deal breaker for me but it can be for some. As stated before, "The battery life outweighs any signal loss." (not word for word but hey close enough) :D

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 1:28:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 18, 2013 2:05:52 AM PDT

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 5:36:13 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2013 8:28:24 PM PDT
Gregg Perez says:
Can you upload some pics of your dremel cuts? Also a pic of your phone close up with the otterbox on it?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2013 11:17:48 PM PDT
J. Seidel says:
Gregg I can do that. I will have to use an external site to link the photos. Ok? But is there something in particular you are curious about? I ask while I take the pictures.

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 12:08:22 AM PDT

Back http://postimg.org/image/53y2s5rxt/
Back Off http://postimg.org/image/im4z4g435/
Back Plate http://postimg.org/image/g635qlm0h/
All pieces http://postimg.org/image/oxa6kv5bl/

This is my first time ever doing something like this and I think I did a damn good job. I got it to fit perfectly.
Very little room for error and a snug secure fit. About an hours worth of work. Slow and steady.

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 4:38:38 PM PST
Where can I find a dremel like one that you used?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›