2.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely terrible, September 19, 2012
This review is from: Top 30 Easy Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes for Busy Women: Set It and Forget It (First Vegetarian Recipes Cookbook for Busy Women 2) (Kindle Edition)
This book is painful to read. I gave it two stars instead of one only because it is what it says it is and I am interested in trying out some of the recipes. I'm reading it on my Kindle Fire. The first thing I noticed is that the recipes don't have titles! Which is a real pain when trying to figure out what all of the ingredients make. Maybe that would be fun if you are looking for a mystery cookbook or if you like puzzles, but to me it was just frustrating! The second thing that annoys me about this book is that it is pretty much an advertisement for her other books and some "special gift". The adverts are on every page! I am highly disappointed. Save yourself the pain and for easy vegetarian slow cooker recipes, just do a quick Google search. I definitely do not recommend spending money on this book.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2012 4:46:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 2:53:19 AM PST
Alex says:
1. "The first thing I noticed is that the recipes don't have titles!" - Actually they have titles. I'm reading this book on my Kindle Keyboard 3G but after I saw your review... I tried it on my Kindle Fire HD. I have attached screenshot in costumers images specially for you. Try to re-upload this book from your Kindle library to fix this issue.

2. "The adverts are on every page!" - I have counted those "adverts" of FREE bonuses (that I'm really thankful for, including 4 free kindle cookbooks).
And you know what? There is only 7 links to pages INSIDE the book (with links and instructions how to get free stuff)...
7 "advert" links in a whole book (83 pages long). So, yeah! Adverts are on "every" page :)

!!! NOTE !!!
Dear friend,

I'm a big fan of Sarah, so you may doubt my words.
So, do yourself a favor. And check it by YOURSELF. But please do not fall in conclusion so fast...

Especially, after such misleading review from Lupetortilla...

Happy buying!

And one more thing in respond to Lupetortilla:

If you want to Google for slow cooker recipes...
What are you doing on Amazon? Amazon is for buyers. Not searchers.

If you value your time - you BUY. But...
If you have a lot of time to waste - you SEARCH!

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 4:05:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 4:06:54 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 5:52:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2013 5:54:08 PM PST
First off this is a book review, which makes it my personal opinion of the book. It is not a discussion or a debate. I purchased the book and gave an honest review of it. Unlike the other commenter, I do not know who you are nor do I care.

Now, in reference to your comment. For the sake of defending my opinion (although I don't see why I should have to do that seeing as it's MY opinion) I uploaded the book from my archive to my Kindle app. I don't have my Kindle Fire with me at the moment so the app had to do. There are titles to the recipes now. I have no idea why they weren't there on my Fire, but they are there now which is an improvement. I personally like recipe titles, I think they are very helpful in identifying what the heck I'm trying to make.

You might not be aware of this, but "pages" on a Kindle differ between devices because of the personal settings. For example, if person A has the font set to the largest size available they will have more pages. If person B has the font on the smallest size available they will have fewer pages. What I'm trying to get at is when I posted that there are adverts on every page that may have very well been the case due to my settings. Again, for the sake of accuracy I re-checked the adverts. On my app I found a total of 35 clickable adverts. On the recipe pages there were 9 that ended with "Click here for amazing awesomeness!!!!" (I added the sarcasm, but you get the idea). There were, however, 20 recipes that did not have that ending. In the beginning and ending of the book there are 26 advertisements and 2 requests to follow her on Twitter.

I am very well acquainted with Amazon thank you very much and am quite aware of its purpose. Obviously, I purchased this book on Amazon. Again, my review was my opinion of this book. My review will remain unchanged. I do like that the titles are there now but the adverts are still quite annoying.

There are a total of 30 reviews on this book at the time that I am posting this. I'm not sure how other people do it, but I personally read several reviews on a product before making a purchase. I suggest to anyone deciding whether to purchase this book or not to read as many reviews as possible so that they can make an informed decision. If they don't mind all of the adverts then I say go for it! This is my personal opinion of this particular book and just like any other review should be taken with a grain of salt.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›