5.0 out of 5 stars The first step to a paradigm shift for all humanity. A must read!, February 24, 2010
This review is from: Atlantis, The Lost Continent Finally Found (Paperback)
I've been studying the topic of Atlantis for over 15 years. I have a degree in anthropology and I took an interest in ancient American anomalies in the early 90s. Over the years I have become thoroughly versed in the works of Graham Hancock, Rand Flem-Ath, and Robert Bauval, among others. I've approached the topic from one of inquiry: specifically, if there were a global civilization that was seriously disrupted by the rising seas at the end of the ice age, where would the evidence be? Under water.

I was skeptical of the claims I found in the Professor's website when I first came upon them. Mainly because I was somewhat biased by other theories. But the more I read about his research, the more interesting it became. By the time I got a copy of this book in my hands I couldn't put it down.

Now, some have commented on the writing style or problems with the website. I imagine an erudite Brazilian scholar speaking to me and I can completely get that experience while reading this translation. In fact, the repetition that often occurs in the book serves a specific purpose: to drive home the main points. Sure, the website issues which appear to be connected to the webmaster, not the publisher, are inconvenient, but for me they do not take away from the message of this book.

I believe this book is an important first step towards awakening humanity to our roots.

Let me emphasize this a bit more: THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT BOOK ON HUMAN PREHISTORY.

Why?

In this book we have a SERIOUS treatment of a topic of massive consequence. If 1% of the students in universities around the world can be influenced by the hypothesis presented herein, I am sure that within 100 years this will be accepted as fact as the history of humanity on this planet. I'm talking about students of mythology, linguistics, geology, genetics, archaeology, and more. Because this book lays out the framework for testing data pertaining to Atlantis. The professor invites academics to challenge him, to disprove him. In the effort to do so we will come much much closer to the truth.

Citing many ancient sources in detail, the book explains how, with seas 100-150 meters (300-450 feet!!!) lower than they are now, the land that would have been exposed and inhabited in the area of Indonesia is ideally suited for supporting a large population. With great climate, fertile soils, abundant fauna and flora, this was paradise. And the people who developed it could not have remained after a volcano erupts underneath them, followed by the changing seas due to the melting of the ice caps.

But it did not kill everyone. It dispersed them.

If you've ever marveled at the inconsistent data presented as the origin of the "Indo-Europeans" including the anomaly of the Tocharians in China, then you'll be very curious indeed to imagine the routes these survivors would have taken in search of someplace to resettle.

If Atlantis did exist, and if the events as proposed in this book did, in fact, occur, then we have clues to follow to go back over the last 150 years of data and re-interpret EVERYTHING in this new paradigm. Artifacts in North America? Olmec heads? Korean pottery in Ecuador? Nearly universal myths of flooding and a sunken island paradise... If it all DID happen, then what does that mean for us? For our future?

To put it another way, if human beings have been genetically the same for 100,000 years (Google it - too many sources to cite at the moment), then statistically speaking the odds of only us now having reached a technical peak are very small indeed. If we have advanced ourselves so far in 200 years, why wouldn't any other genetically identical people have done the same thing over any other 200 year stretch over the last 100,000 years? In fact, we did!

And 100+ meters of water and 2000+ cubic kilometers of volcanic mass ended it all and sent us BACK TO THE STONE AGE, where it took nearly 5000 years to reach something close to what we had lost (Sumeria, then Egypt, as well as India).

Take a close look at the Supervolcano under Yellowstone Park. We are close to destruction every single day. You'd think we'd choose to get along with each other better instead of fighting over our differences.

The lessons we can learn from the past and the heritage that we should proudly hold high are detailed by the professor in a way that invites modern scholars to build on. He gives you something tangible to work with to try and prove him wrong. Can you do it? He dares you. I dare you.

Until modern academia takes this work seriously and sets out to validate the echoes of Atlantis or put it to bed forever through rigorous scientific method, I suggest this book fills in the gaps on the last 100,000 years of humanity. Including all of the facts memorialized in the Bible. Metaphor is powerful for communicating meanings, but we often lose sight of the facts behind them. Pick up this book and explore for yourself. Question your faith in science, in religion, and in authority. When you see what we've collectively been through as a species you'll have more faith than ever in our resiliency, and less blind trust of the institutions we create.

Thank you for reading through this. I'm passionate about this topic, if you couldn't tell. I think it is important enough to be translated into every language possible and shared with all of humanity that we may learn from our past and live together better in our future.

[Add comment]