5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Cover/Case for the iPad 2, March 24, 2011
This review is from: Snugg iPad 2 Leather Case Cover and Flip Stand with Elastic Hand Strap and Pemium Nubuck Fibre Interior (Black) (Personal Computers)
Beautifully crafted top quality leather case which fits the functionality of the iPad 2 perfectly. Everything is fully accessible and the iPad is completely protected. This is the top-of-the-line iPad 2 case for business use or the busy student. The iPad 2 is fully functional in every case position and there are no problems with operation in any case position. To me, the Amazon product description is quite modest as this product has more going for it as it is designed perfectly, I'll just add that I was amazed and happy to see it is exactly what I wanted: An exceptionally crafted leather case for the iPad 2 that doesn't get in the way of the great iPad 2 features. I easily give full five stars to this excellent product. It also puts the Apple magnetic cover to shame. (PS: If your cover turns off the iPad as the video indicates, just go to settings and turn off the auto-on/off feature.)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 10 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 24, 2011 9:54:35 PM PDT
Thanks for the review! How long did it take for yours to arrive? Just ordered mine and the delivery date is estimated at the end of April or beginning of May. Hoping I get it before my iPad 2 arrives.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2011 10:02:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 24, 2011 10:03:16 PM PDT
I got mine within two weeks. I also stood in line for 6 hours to get one of the first iPad 2's out on March 11th. I think the injured supply line (Japan earthquake) to iPad 2 LCD's might delay the actual availability of the iPad 2 as the Apple site says up to 4 weeks delivery. I don't think they would tell us what was going on really unless their arms were twisted. Hope you get yours soon. You'll love the Snugg case. It's a perfect fit!:- )

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2011 11:25:25 PM PDT
it took me until a week or two after it came out to talk myself into ordering one, so my estimated delivery date isn't until april 26th. :( but it's my own fault, haha. it should give me plenty of time to get the case though. thanks again!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2011 10:16:14 PM PDT
The gentleman who replied to the magnetic strip turning off the iPad when the cover is folded completely back is right, but first, the case was not designed to be folded completely back and has a 'cover catch' on the back to keep the cover from lining up to turn the iPad off when folded back. Also, there is a setting on the iPad 2 under general settings that allow you to disable auto on/off from a magnetic cover. I just leave mine set to off as it is easy enough to turn it on and off the normal way with front home button and off with top button. Too bad, he kinda does have a point, but it is easy enough to avoid. thought I would post this after trying to duplicate the problem from the video and seeing that he was right by his own test.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2011 7:10:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 28, 2011 7:44:25 PM PDT
Sasa says:
Kenneth.
Where did you find that setting/feature to dissable auto on/off (i assume cover for Ipad2) ????
Under THE GENERAL SETTING,There is button for:
International
Accessibillity
Batery percentage
Reset

And can you tell us where is that setting to fix this problem ?????

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2011 5:54:39 AM PDT
David Howson says:
The iPad cover settings does not appear until AFTER you first attach some kind of cover which has magnets in it.
That is why you don't see it until after you use a SmartCover or other cover with magnets.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2011 8:08:16 AM PDT
Sasa says:
I tought so...
Thank you David for the confirmation !

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2011 10:50:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 29, 2011 10:50:29 AM PDT
Thanks David, I didn't realize that, so appreciate your answer. When that option does appear in general settings it comes up right after 'Passcode Lock' as 'iPad Cover Lock / Unlock.'

Since the description of the product does not mention the magnetic feature, or I missed it in my reading, it wasn't even a feature I was looking for in a cover so I am fine to leave the feature off anyway.

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 9:09:21 PM PDT
I'm the guy that posted the video review. I feel that there is no reason you should have to do without the feature of the iPad shutting off automatically when shutting the cover. It's inexcusable. This is poorly designed.

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 11:29:04 PM PDT
A. Hadidian says:
I just got my Snugg case today 4-13-2011 and they have fixed the issue it seems.
I have the magnet turn on/off feature enabled and the screen stays on as I type this with the cover folded back flat.

I agree this feature should work right since it makes using the device better.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›