2.0 out of 5 stars The straight dope on Jockeys, February 12, 2008
This review is from: Jockey Men's Underwear Classic Brief - 6 Pack (Apparel)
It's surprising that there really is a difference between the various well-known brands of men's briefs. I've been looking around to replace my aging drawer-full, and wrote a review of my recent experience with Hanes (in brief, they're inexpensive and show it).

I've never liked Jockeys, for one reason: they advertise their "Exclusive Y-front fly design," and I've consistently had difficulty getting Mr. Johnson through the fly and into use. Sure, we can giggle about it, but it's no fun having to stand there, reach through the fly, grab Ol' Willie, and pull him through an awkwardly-designed fly every time you've got business to do. It's more of a hassle than it might sound, and underwear shouldn't be something you have to deal with. And putting the trouser snake back in is even more difficult--it takes two hands!

Let me be clear here: The fly opening is REALLY tight, and no matter what you do, it's REALLY difficult to go through it. You may say, "But they must sell a million of them every year, year after year. Everybody's heard of Jockey shorts. This guy must be exaggerating." Yes, yes, I know. And you'll see that what I say is true. You have been warned.

I just bought some more to find out whether they still make them this way, and they do. I have no idea why Jockey not only makes them this way, but brags about it. I guess there are some guys that worry that the fly is too loose, and if you're one of them, you don't have to worry about it with Jockeys--everything is safe and secure--too secure for my liking. They're reasonably priced, and otherwise well made--definitely better constructed than Hanes, for example. But I won't buy them again--too much trouble.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 24, 2008 5:00:47 PM PST
Please, let's not make a major ordeal over a pair of men's briefs! They keep you snug, secure and warm...and if you want to pull Herman out you simply pull down on the front of the elastic...one-two seconds. Why in the world would one want to fuss trying to get through all that cotton when nature is beckoning?
DMS

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2008 6:51:10 PM PST
Poogy says:
Well, that's that point of writing a review. But do you really want to have to pull down your pants so you can pull down the elastic in every airport rest room, or even anywhere else every time nature beckons, when every other make of briefs has an fly that doesn't make it so difficult?

Posted on Dec 20, 2009 9:50:11 AM PST
texas33 says:
Try Munsingwear briefs. Their fly is really functional,but you will have to buy them on line because it's really difficult to find them in stores.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2011 2:22:45 PM PST
The larch says:
I don't think twice about it after all these years. I go through the zipper, then tug down the band. No problem.

Posted on Apr 13, 2011 8:34:45 PM PDT
Perhaps he should have bought the next larger size (as many a woman shoe buyer laments), 'cause they're fine! Maybe he's just a 'Boxer' kind of guy.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2011 8:38:56 PM PDT
It's the price of security when they get broken-in; freedom is only free for those who don't earn it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2011 8:40:47 PM PDT
Here here!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2011 8:28:45 AM PST
It's "hear, hear!" -- meaning listen up, bud!

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 5:10:19 PM PST
OK. I've worn Jockey's for 30 years and have never had the problems he describes here. for me, it's quick out and quick back in. The thing I love about jockeys is that the underwear holds their shape around your legs for the whole time you wear them. Hanes are terrible. Within a few hours the leg holes get loose and to me it feels uncomfortable.
I wear briefs because I like the snug feeling.
And Jockey's last forever - far longer than other brands I've tried. And even after years of use, the leg holes maintain their snugness for the whole time you wear them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2012 5:12:53 PM PST
Poogy says:
I agree that, except for the problem I described, Jockey's are good quality. These days I prefer BVD.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (353 customer reviews)

$30.00 $27.94 - $36.00