4.0 out of 5 stars Bang, literally, for the buck, November 12, 2011
This review is from: Klipsch SW-350 8-Inch 350 Watt Subwoofer (Black) (Electronics)
I purchased one of these from Amazon about 9 months ago, to replace an old Polk 150w sub. Even though this was a smaller size driver/cone, it significantly out-performed the Polk it replaced. I liked it so much, that I wanted a second one to have a less "directional" bass. In my house, I can't position the bass where it's location audibly isn't obvious. So I waited for another 'sale', and added a second one. This rounded out the room, and the positional nature of the bass source(s), is no longer apparent. It simply rounds-out the room. The directional nature of the bass, is not a subwoofer issue -- it's a placement issue.

For the price vs. performance, for my 7.1 Home Theater environment, this was a wonderful addition.

I will note, that both units sit on hardwood floors, and even with the rubber pads (that come with it) underneath the smallish feet, it will 'walk' a bit if you really crank it up -- especially for music, etc... Hasn't bothered me enough to figure out a better solution -- will probably see if adding some additional rubber pads (like the ones that go under sofas) will solve the 'walk'. I docked 1 star (4 out of 5) because of the walk and the design issue that leads to it.

Again, I'm not an audiophile -- so those who want to spend 3-4 times as much, to get that "little bit more" out of a subwoofer, sonically speaking, then that's great. I'm a cost-conservative person, and this - on sale - really fit the bill, twice ;)

Also, one of my requirements was downward firing -- I have cats, and anything with a face grill would not survive. This also works well for those with that 'unique' situation.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 4, 2013 6:51:34 PM PDT
I know this is a long time after your post, but if you're still having "walking" issues with your subwoofer(s), I recommend this pad. It works extremely well.
Auralex SubDude Subwoofer Isolation Riser; 15x15x3-inch SubDude in Charcoal, Single

Posted on May 10, 2014 2:18:14 PM PDT
TreeFrog says:
Good cat remedy of a sub. I have the PSW505 and so far I haven't had any issues with cats scratching it. My cats are very well disciplined. They basically know to stay out of the room where it is anyway. They don't itch to scratch much anyhow though as they have a special contraption I made them for scratching and letting off steam.

Posted on May 22, 2014 3:41:10 AM PDT
" In my house, I can't position the bass where it's location audibly isn't obvious."

With a quality subwoofer, this should not be an issue. Makes me question this one. For a lower cost subwoofer, I would recommend the less expensive Martin Logan Dynamo 300. It's not an SVS or HSU, but bang for the buck it's one of the best.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2014 9:01:23 AM PDT
vt says:
How would you compare the dynamo 300 with the sw350?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (103 customer reviews)

$369.00 $269.95