2.0 out of 5 stars EA... WTF?, October 26, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Battlefield 3 Premium Edition - Playstation 3 (Video Game)
*NOTE: This is a PRODUCT REVIEW of the package and not of the game itself.*

I remember where I was when Battlefield 3 was first released to the masses. I was at Gamestop, 12am, interacting with people who pre-ordered the game and we were all excited. Come about 4 or 5 months later the excitement died down with the constant slew of problems that the PS3 had, but that's not my issue with the product.

Premium membership WAS my issue.

Notice how I say WAS. When I paid full price for this game on launch I not only expected Battlefield 1943 (big upset there) but I expected EA to not go the path of Activision and price the DLC extremely high. When they launched Premium, I was enraged and decided not to buy it. Which I still haven't. I refuse to pay over 30 bucks for total DLC no matter the content.

THEN this was announced. A version of Battlefield 3 sold AT THE SAME PRICE I BOUGHT IT AT LAUNCH but this time it includes ALL the DLC that others had to pay an arm and a leg for because WE decided to support your game and company IN THE VERY BEGINNING!

SO, to EA and to DICE... WHAT THE HELL? If you're going to at least pull this shady business dealings, please at least give the ones who supported this game earlier on.

For those who want to get into the series at this time, this is perfect for you. But for most of us who have been playing this game since launch, we have reasons to be upset...

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 31, 2012 7:39:46 PM PDT
P. Garcia says:
I feel ripped off just like OP. I payed extra money for the Limited Edition. Now they have this Premium Edition with all the DLC + Full game for $39.99. Upset. I feel let down by EA. Why should I support these game creators by buying limited to only get ripped in the end!!!! Sucks that the game is so good

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 8:08:06 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Apr 13, 2013 8:46:29 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 4:26:35 PM PST
D. Rood says:
I understand what you are saying. I bought the release version on opening day for full price, because this is my series. I then threw another fifty down for the expansions.
I have an extreme love hate relationship with BF3, yet with all the hours I have poured into playing I still think it is worth every dollar. That includes the obscene amounts of cash included for hardware upgrades to the PC to have my soldier in intense combat ready mode.

Now that you can pick up this premium bundle for the price, I will be adding another soldier on the PS3 platform.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 1:28:58 PM PST
johnny says:
can't agree you more. Those idiots are live in Mars

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 5:39:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2012 5:56:01 PM PST
GunDeck says:
Well... Like OP..
I have an issue with EA/DICE and the abuse they have inflicted on the Pre-release purchasers.
About 3 months after I bought this game for $60,
came the Black Friday Deal for $30.
Then a month later came the X-Mass deal for $30 +$10 dollars off from Origin.
Then a sting in the backside when they had the $10 PC version for the aniversary.

Now $50 for the DLC which a ton of my buddies bought, but I said screw that due to previoulsy experienced abuse from EA/DICE and their marketing.
Now everyone who has ever bought this game are getting the screw job from EA/DICE.
Stuff other people have payed $110 dollars for, they sold on BF for $30?

This is a lesson for everyone, DO NOT BUY NEW RELEASES FROM EA/DICE.
Wait a few months and get it for half off.
Wait a few more months and gett all the DLCs and the game for half of what other people payed just for the game!

The game is(was) awesome, until they NERFed the living heck out of it.
If your just coming in, you missed the golden days of BF3, but it's still a great game.
Spoiler here, the tanks are made out of paper in multi-player.
Air craft (all of them) are way over powered.
Anti-Aircraft weapons, have 0 probability of shooting down air craft.
Light Machine Guns shoot spit balls.
Mortar Rounds.... it takes like 3 hits from a motar round to kill someone. (yeah, that makes sense)
3 rounds of splash damage (indirect fire) from a tank doesn't kill a person. I had to actuallt hit the guy with an explosive tank round to kill the dude.
Explosive Shot-Gun shells do next to no damage.
Knives that don't work (not like they should as in BF BC2)
I forgot about the Glass Walls and Glass Ceilings.
The MAV nerf is just a dumb cater to the cry babies.
EA/DICE removed almost all the destruction out of the game. Compare it to BF BC2 where almost every single building can be brought down. BF3, you may be able to blow out a wall or two, and that is it.
And EA/DICEs non-stop courting of the C.O.D. players, at the expense of the BattleField Fan base.

I still like the game, but it is a let down. BETA BF3 was a much better game.
Look at it this way... BF BC2 is like 3 years and still sells for $20. This game sells for $30 with all the DLCs.
That's how good the multi-player game play is in BF BC2 and what a let down it is in BF3.

BF3 graphics are awesome and the game was awesome until EA/DICE nerfed everything in the game to court COD players, that bailed on the game when COD BO2 was released.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 8:35:17 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 25, 2012 3:59:08 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (229 customer reviews)

$59.99 $29.99