Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

4.0 out of 5 stars Crystal clear 3d at an exceptional value, April 4, 2011
This review is from: VIZIO E3D420VX 42 Inch Class Theater 3D LCD HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps (2011 Model) (Electronics)
I was impressed with how well this TV produced flawless 3D effects without any ghosting at all. 3D Blu-ray movies appear brighter and even more rich in color through the polarized glasses. As opposed to some of the active shutter glasses I have tried out, the lightweight polarized glasses are less strenous on both the eyes and the nose they rest on. The TV also works well with the PS3 and generates an immersive 3d gaming enviroment. While I was easily able to link my computer to it through the hdmi port to play my downloaded 3d content, I was a little dissapointed that I could not access 3d controls while trying it on the RGB port. I also could not find a way to make it work with nvidia's 3d vision. However, I am hopeful that Nvidia will provide support for this TV in a future driver release. The TV can normally autodetect 3D content but when it doesn't you can push the 3D button on the remote for easy access to the SBS, TB, or Sensio 3d settings. The wireless setup was very quick and easy and involved no more then picking out my network and typing in my password. I also really like the one touch buttons for VOD, Netflix, And Vudu. The full QWERTY keyboard on the reverse side of the remote allows for painless browsing of online movies and TV shows. In conclusion, for the features, screen size, quality and price of this TV set, it's a fantastic bargain and I fully endorse it.

IMPORTANT NOTE -- When using the TV for gaming, make sure film mode is off or you will experience massive input lag.

Update: after a bit of tinkering I have found that the TV works flawlessly with IZ3D drivers on the interleaved setting, you don't even have to put the tv in 3d mode for it to work and it produces some truly amazing pc 3d gaming immersion. Don't even bother with nvidia 3d vision its a dead end on this tv, the IZ3D software works with both ati and nvidia cards.

Update 2: This TV is now listed on the Nvidia 3dtv play site as supported through the Beta 285.38 drivers. I bought the $40 program but the tv does not seem to detect the 3d signal from my nvidia gtx 285 card. I have both posted on the nvidia forums and sent a support email. I shall update again with the results.

Update 3: I gave up on Nvidia for my setup, it may very well be an issue with my particular gpu, I was able to get a refund on the program and I have since switched to an amd card with a built in sound card and actual hdmi output. it works just fine with IZ3d and runing the hdmi from my computer straight into my receiver is a big plus.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 54 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 5, 2011 5:54:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 5, 2011 5:55:50 AM PDT
Leap7 says:
Thanks for the review!

I have some questions if you don't mind answering
1. Are the polarized lines noticeable in 3d? do these degrade 2d quality at all?
2. How does gaming look with those settings off, is there a loss in quality?
3. Is the resolution loss noticeable compared to active shutter tvs?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2011 11:39:37 AM PDT
Hailey says:
When 3D is enabled if you move close to the tv you may be able to make out some alternating dark and light lines since in 3D mode each eye is only seeing every other line, however once you move 4-5 feet back from the tv and since between both of your eyes you actually are seeing the full 1080 horazontal lines this efect diminishes greatly. gaming with or without those settings enabled I have not seen any visual difference, Im inclined to belive that those setings will be more evident in live action. In 2D mode there is no loss at all as long as you are not wearing the polarized glasses (which would be silly to wear for 2d content anyway). Compared to active shutter some people may notice a little hint of the missing lines in each eye mostly in the peripheril but whereever your eyes are focused the screen apears quite consistant. My husband can not see any difference at all between active shutter and polarized as far as resolution is concerned and he does have 20/20 vision. I do see that hint of missing lines with my 20/12 vision but it does not detract from the experiance at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2011 1:25:12 AM PDT
J. Mennella says:
Where did you get it at? Are they out now? Really want to pick one up myself. If you could let me know I would really appreciate it! Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2011 8:37:46 AM PDT
Hailey says:
I bought it at wal-mart, it may be a bit tricky to find though, most of the stores will not have it on display yet but may have it sitting in the back room, you will just have to ask someone in electronics to check if they have any back there.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2011 9:01:56 AM PDT
J. Mennella says:
Awesome, I'll check out my local walmart later on. Can I ask how much they charge in store?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2011 6:21:30 PM PDT
$699.00

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2011 9:05:05 AM PDT
C. S. Frank says:
Great impressions, thanks for the comments as well. How reflective is the screen is it more of a matte LCD type screen or super reflective like a plasma? I am thinking of getting this for a room that gets quite a bit of direct sunlight.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2011 4:27:55 PM PDT
queenlaker says:
Amazon has the 3D Cinema tvs

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2011 4:30:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 8, 2011 4:33:22 PM PDT
queenlaker says:
I'm looking forward to getting the 3D theater 42 inch. Does the remote slide up like the via apps tv remotes does ? How many HDMI ports ? Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2011 11:41:37 PM PDT
J. Mennella says:
Just ordered one, but it says delivery between may 4- 23 ...thats with 2 day shipping, and would not let me pick a delivery date. Hoping it comes sooner than that. Just checked out the LG passive 3d demo at Best Buy and was impressed big time compared to the panasonic 3d plasma I had a month ago.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›