Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick N EZ - Best Buy, March 25, 2005
This review is from: InStep Quick N EZ Bicycle Trailer (Toy)
March 25th, 2005

I am an avid cyclist who needed to maximize my time in the saddle by including my son on my rides. I searched all the brands from Wike on down to the Schwinn's and Insteps. I am a big believer in the right equipment for the job.

Value:
This trailer, although it may not last forever, should last a long time and is well worth the money spent; $[...]at Target. Especially compared to trailers at $[...]and up. Bottom line is how much do you bike, and how frequently will you use the trailer?

Durability:
I used it for the second half of last season (2004) and it still looks new and has little wear. I put approximately 1000 miles on it so far. On days where my son is not with me I load it up with approx. 65lbs of weight (50lb bag of charcoal and a case of Poland Spring water)and use it as a trainer. This weight approximates two small children and it holds up just fine.

Fun Factor;
My son loves going out on rides with me. It has a small pouch/cup holder sewn on each side of the interior, great for a sippy cup and a bag of snacks. It also has a trunk of sorts in the back. A flap that has snaps all around the perimeter of the rear, big enough to put an extra change of clothes and picnic things, or sand toys if you are visiting a playground on your journey.

Safety;
It comes with a basic small reflector on the bottom left of the rear. My opinion is this is not visible enough, get yourself a blinking reflector type light, approx. $10-15 in any bike shop. Mounting it may be a bit tricky, I cut the fabric at the bottom and clamped it on to the frame. It also comes with that neon orange flag, which can be spotted a mile away. And the base colors of blue and yellow stand out pretty good too. The harness,/hinge is a spring (with a safety cable through the center of the spring) that flexes, if you lay the bike down the trailer stays upright. The spring also flexes when you are riding to absorb some of the shifting of weight when your little guys move around back there, making it more comfortable than solid connections.

Pros:
1) Price, $[...], you can't beat the price/value anywhere.
2) Quite, I'm used to a bike that makes no noise, and this did not let me down.
3) Bright colored fabric, help you to be seen, along with the neon orange flag.
4) Your own personal cheering team to "Go faster Daddy", and you really can't beat that!

Cons:
1) Floor is made from same fabric as the main compartment, this might be the first failure in the unit as my son gets bigger and heavier. Some more expensive models use a plastic tray as a base.
2) Needs a better light in the rear.
3) Once you get your child one of these , you will not be able to go for a solo ride anymore without dealing with tears and pleads to go "ridin" too.

One very important recommendation, after you install your hardware and hook up the trailer, do yourself and your child a favor and put something heavier than your child in the back. Then ride it for a good long ride. Do a few panic stops, brake on corners, get used to the weight back there, it is very different than what you are used to without it. Don't learn while your little Man or Lady is back there.

Be safe and ride till your legs fall off.

Dave
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Update 09/30/05

This past season 2005 I started riding with my two and a half year old daughter as well. It is a little tight at times. My son (4.5yrs) tends to elbow her in the face. Because the bottom is made out of fabric, they have a tendancy to fall into one another at the center(like an old mattress). This is not a problem when there is only one child of course, but two is a little uncomfortable. I have purchased the newer Instep with a plastic bottom to prevent this. I wont actually use it until next season; 2006, I will post on that when I have some experience with it.

If you only have one child, or two about the same size, this still gets high marks from me.

Also, the tubes in this do not hold air indefinitely. You do need to check on the PSI once in a while, you will roll much easier if you have the right air pressure, unless of course you want that workout.

Safe riding!