4.0 out of 5 stars Best In It's Class, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Panasonic VIERA TC-L37E5 37-Inch 1080p 60Hz Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV (2012 Model) (Electronics)
Bought this from Amazon about a month ago. Did A LOT of online and in store research looking for a 32"-40" LED TV.
Looked at Vizio, Samsung, Sony, LG in addition to Panasonic.
After a month - I'm very satisfied with my selection.

If you have read the reviews on this model here on Amazon you will see overall very good comments.
Have seen some silly complaints about short power cord, and have seen some about the wifi adapter(I'm using ethernet cable). And some average comments on the sound, but the major points of the TV are Great.
There is one reviewer (C Reach) who claims to have gotten video settings online - THIS IS TOTAL BS. I HAVE SEARCHED AND SEARCHED - Does Not Exist.

Below you will find a Pros and Cons list and my picture and sound settings. My settings were done using my eyes and ears no calibration equipment.
Everyone's taste and environment are different, so these are what look good on mine. I will eventually test further with my calibration discs, but for those looking foe a good starting point from which to fine tune - this should help.

PROS:
Non Gloss screen reduces glare
Amazing viewing angles
Good overall contrast and color quality
Low power consumption
Smart (Flat) input layout on back
Good assortment of connections* (*Component video needs to use the included adapter - no biggie)
Price / Performance Ratio is BEST in Class
DNLA and Internet Features
Build Quality
No Spotlighting from corners like the Samsung sets (That was a dealbreaker for me)
Easy Setup

CONS:
Sound could be better - Sure, but is equal to or better than most in this class
Could have more extensive picture adjustment settings, but has enough to obtain a quality picture.
Remote should be Illuminated and have a dedicated Sleep button. (Many people will use this for a bedroom TV)
Some complained about power cord being short - But I had no problem with this at all. (It is detachable)

OVERALL I Give it a 8.8 out of 10.

MY SETTINGS:
Were set by eye averaging several different chanels and subject matter in a room with no light other than the TV.
You will probably want to fine tune based on taste and environment. Keep in mind this was done without calibration software, but I'm in the industry and have color experience. Hope it provides a good base...

PICTURE:

HDMI 1 in: Digital

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 9 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 9, 2012 6:28:44 PM PDT
dennis says:
Thanks, those settings are really close for me.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 9:42:30 AM PDT
R. Rayno says:
Hello,
Could you tell me how satisfied you are with how well this TV displays Non-HD channels.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 12:31:24 PM PDT
GGobblin says:
This is an HDTV.
It's made for HD.
Why watch SD - It' 2012....
Pretty much everything is in HD now.
I'm very satisfied with the picture quality, as I stated in my long review.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 3:11:31 PM PDT
dennis says:
sd is ok if you are using hdmi with an hd box and don't try to zoom out to full screen. sd and hd both look terrible using the coax in or antenna. In my case all of the local channels are still sd as they are in most small markets, the network is hd but everything else is sd. That is why I answered your question, I too work in TV. I am also very satisfied with the picture quality and these settings helped considerably.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 6:05:48 AM PDT
Dan134 says:
Does this set have any anti-judder features or color gain settings? I'm trying to decide between this and the e50 but have yet to see the e5 in action. Would love to save a little money.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 6:07:44 AM PDT
Dan134 says:
And I too would love to know how SD performs. I'm a gamer, one of the consoles I play extensively is the Wii and it's only capable of 480p max. It looks like absolute crap on my current set (32 inch Sharp LED LCD).

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2012 3:43:43 PM PDT
Thank you so much for your settings! They are perfectly right for me and I am fussy. This is a beautiful tv!

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 7:37:28 PM PDT
Just picked up this set to compliment a spare room, excellent set for the size/price and your settings were spot on! To anyone reading this, these settings are TREMENDOUSLY better than out of the box. Read this review before I purchased the set and wanted to compare out of the box, no comparison. Thanks much!

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 4:51:01 PM PDT
Thanks so much GGobblin!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 2:14:25 PM PDT
James Tursa says:
Is the screen matte or glossy? Thinking of a bright kitchen setting w/many windows nearby.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›