1.0 out of 5 stars The only horror is the fact it was made..., February 6, 2013
This review is from: Smiley (Amazon Instant Video)
So I'll admit it to anyone- I love horror movies. It's my genre of choice; however, I will also be the first to say it has gone down hill over the recent years. This spring/summer did help turn it around with some amazing creepy/thrillers, so I decided to be optimistic and give this movie a shot.

The Good:
I give the ending some credit. Some could have seen it coming; I sort of did, but it was still better than how some flicks wrap things up... and that's really the only good I can think of.

The Bad:
Everything about this movie is just bad. It doesn't even hit B-movie due to the over acting, unbelievable plot (though I will credit updating Bloody Mary, but lulz made me not find it creepy nor amusing). The characters were grating at best, and at the worst, you kept hoping they would actually just die.
The lulz plot, as stated before, gave me a migraine and eye twitch due to how it was portrayed. I can't tell if the movie knew it was a joke and tried to push said joke or was trying to be so serious about itself. And the truth of the matter is I didn't care. By the time the movie was wrapping up, I moved to read notes for a class since I figured that would hold my attention better. It was very disjointed, jumping around, and with the characters being out of character at times and bi-polar at best in others.

At the end of the movie, perhaps this makes sense, but then again, I feel as though the actors were the type you'd put on a stage to do Shakespeare (b/c at least the over acting would make some resemblance of sense).
Tip from one horror movie fan to another: Don't buy, don't rent, don't care. It's sort of a stab in the back to the true horror genre as there isn't anything remotely scary or 'check your closet' about this.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]