Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Analysis of Obama, September 27, 2010
This review is from: The Roots of Obama's Rage (Hardcover)
This is by far the best analysis I have seen of what drives President Obama, and what therefore is driving his administration. I wish I could get several people I know who still believe in the man to read this book, but like most Obama fans they have a closed mind to the truth about him.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 28, 2010 3:22:18 AM PDT
I once asked a clinical psychology teacher how much can be learned from a psychodiagnostic interview (Inkblot, TAT, etc.) and I always remember her reply: "Whether he's alive or dead," was her answer.

Now here's an author with no training in clinical psychology, who never interviewed the president or even gave him a psych test, making psychological conclusions. Now are YOU open-minded enough to question his "analysis?"

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2010 11:20:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 28, 2010 11:22:35 AM PDT
Yoda says:
Mr. Pauzer:

Are you saying, unlike Dineshh, that Obama's main goal is not the destruction of the U.S.? Dinoush documents this extensively, as have other books such as Limbaugh's "Crimes Against Liberty: An Indictment of President Barack Obama ", Horowitz's "The Shadow Party: How George Soros, Hillary Clinton, and Sixties Radicals Seized Control of the Democratic Party", "Obama Zombies: How the Liberal Machine Brainwashed My Generation" and Klein's "The Manchurian President: Barack Obama's Ties to Communists, Socialists and Other Anti-American Extremists". Why do you refuse to accept irrefutable evidence of Obama's subversive behavior? You sound very closed minded. Why don't you read these books (and/or many similar others) in order to see reality and get rid of your unfounded biases?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2010 1:56:13 PM PDT
Have you ever considered the sources?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2010 5:18:50 PM PDT
Mr Pauzer, what then is a biographer to do: use only his (or her) subject's diary, letters, the diaries and notes made by friends, subordinates, relatives? Now if the biographer's conjectures are wild, they should of course be rejected. No one, to be sure, can get inside the head of another (except perhaps a neurosurgeon); still we all make judgments about people by their background and behavior.

I'll not buy the book -- it's not the sort of material I buy for my library -- but I shall look forward to reading it when it becomes available at my local library.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2010 3:34:49 AM PDT
Be my guest. I own three of his books, and his writing is very clear and lucid. I was quite disappointed with his thesis in "The Enemy at Home," where he also made outlandish pretensions.

Since he cannot get into Obama's head, as you and I suggest, I would find his conclusions highly suspect, especially since there are no behaviors from Obama that give the slightest hint of rage or even anxiety.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2010 8:32:29 PM PDT
D. Raymer says:
It should be fairly easy for you to read the facts in the book, combine them with the actions Obama has taken as president, and reach your own conclusions, which should amount to more than whether he's dead or alive. The difficult part for you may be to do it objectively, without letting your political bias get in the way. Not sure it takes a clinical psychologist to form an educated opinion based on facts.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2010 5:31:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2010 9:58:00 AM PDT
Allow me to correct you on a couple of issues, D. Raymer. I am not impressed with Obama as president so far. He has proven to be much too centrist for my sensibilities. I too think he believes in American exceptionalism, which I do not. Therefore, it appears that D'Souza's hypothesis is in the other direction from mine--not enough exceptionalism according to the reviews and commentary.

I own three books by D'Souza and I have been impressed with his writing until I read "The Enemy at Home." He made several hypotheses there that he could not prove, and I wondered if I was reading from the same author. So, my initial bias toward D'Souza was favorable.

Then there's you. Pardon me, but "the difficult part for you may be to do it objectively, without letting YOUR political bias get in the way." I'm pretty sure it would take a clinical psychologist to get at the facts rather than making guesses to form a preconceived conclusion. "Educated guesses" are dimes a dozen. I call them gossip.

Unless there is absolute proof other than speculation, think of me as being from Missouri.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2010 5:41:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2010 6:30:38 AM PDT
It appears you've described the biographer's dilemna, Vazir Mukhtar. I would at least expect the author to conduct interviews with him, friends, family, or associates. (If that doesn't make any sense, please correct me). As far as drawing conclusions about the inner workings of the man's mind, I would put more faith in someone that has a background in mental health than one who doesn't. No one seems to be asking another question here: What is D'Souza's motivation for writing this book?

D'Souza is a well-known conservative. He is writing a book for a very conservative audience. I contend that author and readership have already decided that any negative conclusion about Obama is accurate, not necessarily because it is factual, but because that is what they want to believe, and will not tolerate any opinion to the contrary. I believe DD had his conclusion before he gathered the "facts."

My commentary thus far has been civil, respectful, with contrarian ideas. You will note that as of this date my first comment is 7 for 27 as far as adding to the discussion. That lends validity to my speculation that people will only find the discussion "helpful" if it conforms to their belief, and only hear what they want to hear. Yet, I am advised that the "difficult part for ME is that I may not be able to evaluate D'Souza objectively."

If that doesn't take the cake!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2010 7:31:40 AM PDT
Pauzer: One doesn't need to be a shrink to know which way the wind blows. The evidence is mounting that the Obama crew is actively destroying this country. The evidence comes from many quarters and clear thinking Americans who don't have an ax to grind are reacting to it instinctively and decisively. We want government out of our lives. We want the Constitution and Bill of Rights restored to their rightful place. The place where it was before Progressives began distorting everything we hold dear.

You should be happy with Obama and his bunch as a Liberal loon yourself since he is 'really' a far, far leftie too. He only goes slowly because he has to. Because of millions and millions of people like me who are moderate to conservative who don't want to destroy the country. You lefties think you know more than everyone else but your rigidity and intolerance will destroy you. You're not content with eating your own stupid cake, you want to tell everyone else what kind of cake to eat and how they should feel and think about eating it too. We're done with that. We don't need elites in politics or in the professions to tell us how to conduct our lives. The American PEOPLE built this country, not government. We can do it again and we will. We can do ANYTHING we set our minds to because Americans ARE exceptional. Just look around, fool.

As for your "civil, respectful and contrarian" rant, I think that you and all of your Progressive brethren are coming loose around the edges. Your world view is a failure and it will continue to fail- spectacularly and I for one am grateful to be alive to watch it happen after all the damage your ilk has caused to this wonderful country.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2010 8:25:35 AM PDT
Prak says:
Mr. Pauzer,

First of all, I quite agree with you that people are far too quick to give the knee-jerk "unhelpful" rating. I suspect the two of us are diametrically opposed on the issues at hand, but I do respect your willingness to meet on the battlefield of ideas in a civil and open manner.

It seems to me that you may not understand the other side's views fully, so I'll attempt to elaborate for you. It is true that we've reached our conclusions about President Obama over the past couple of years. Although much of the information we'd like is still being concealed from us, what we have is enough to build a mostly comprehensive profile of his character. However, what we don't understand at this point is how he came to be who he is. Until we know that, our impressions of the man are incomplete. This book (which I have ordered and will read soon) is more about filling that gap in our understanding than reinforcing our disapproval.

Personally, I have long held the belief that Barack Hussein Obama is a tragic figure, and despite the fact that I regard his brand of politics as being cancerous to my nation, I find him more deserving of pity than disdain. I encourage others to look at him in that same regard instead of reviling him, and hopefully this book will do the same.

As for your musings about who is qualified to speculate on the inner workings of a person's mind, you should remember that by all indications, President Obama's mental health is sound. Someone with a background in mental health is only going to be more familiar with assessable disorders. The workings of a mind that is free of such defects can be understood by anyone who shares a common frame of reference and sense of context. From what I can tell, the book in question is full of well-sourced information that will help provide that insight.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›