9 of 12 people found the following review helpful
Skip the film, watch the extras, great Blu quality,
This review is from: American Pie Presents: The Book of Love (Unrated) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)Once again Universal dumps the high end cameras and transfer into one of their franchises, so the resulting Blu picture and sound are flawless, but in a film that does not qualify. The DTS was mixed perfectly, especially in each fantasy sequence the music didn't drown anything out. The picture was crystal enough to see every pore and flesh tone - and there is a great deal of that. Aside from the cameos and fun fantasy sequences, the movie is forgettable, but the supplements are fun and worth the watch, including:
* Making of, 8:00 minutes. Director intros with how he dislikes the usual fare so this and all of the others could have been one long documentary of gags, outtakes and fun on the set. This one covers some brief interviews and gags.
* Love Manual, 5:50 minutes. The hot girls from the movie and some of the cameo guys give their take on how to get with ladies.
* Trivia. One of the cast goes around the set and tests people's memory on some good American Pie trivia. Enjoyable.
* Pie-Cons, 6:50 minutes. Interviews with the long list of cameos in this film.
* Deleted scenes, 11:14 minutes. Plenty of extra skin and forgettable dialogue.
* Gag Reel, 4:00 minutes. More outtakes and adlib stuff - hilarious.
* From the Set, 10 clips totaling 19 minutes. Essentially more deleted scenes with lots of extra ladies sans their clothing in funny sequences. Obviously this crew/cast had a good time making the film.
The extended is only a few minutes longer and there really isn't that much of a difference to warrant watching this twice. I would say bookmark the few worthy music scenes on your BD player (love that feature) watch the supplements and skip the rest, but the quality and extras make this a worthy addition to your library if you like the franchise. 3 stars for the positives listed. Enjoy.