Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day

1.0 out of 5 stars let down by hidden charges!, February 18, 2012
This review is from: DarkPRINCIPLES for Darkbasic Pro Volume 1 (PAL) (DVD)
Having "purchased" the three DVD`s on 27/7/2011 I have been completely UN-impressed!

After paying the following, I am now getting DEMANDS for payment letters from a "DEBUT" collection company working on behalf of DHL. They insist that I pay an additional £15.02 and a further £2.50 (for them to handle the case) before court action commences! The most recent letter says the following:

"The sum incurred and levied by HM Customs & Excise upon your shipment arriving in the UK. As the recipient of these goods and with the sender not having nominated to pay the required duty, you LEGALLY became liable for these charges." After clicking PAY NOW, I thought the transaction was complete. I had paid what was due and DID NOT willingly enter in to ANY form of CONTRACT with anyone else!

!!!WFT!!!!

So, not so much of a pay for what you see product as a beware of hidden charges product/service!

Looks like I have now had to pay just over £84 for these DVD`s !

Due to the seller refusing to pay (an amount I thought that I had already paid by looking at the invoice!) I feel completely ripped off. I will NEVER be using the seller, amazon (over seas) or DHL EVER again! Why did I pay shipping & handeling fees of GBP19.74 and IMPORT FEES "deposit" of GBP 11.07, and then have to pay out more? Talk about hitting you where it hurts (for a couple of DVD`s) NEVER AGAIN!

Shipping Method: Priority International Courier
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: GBP 35.67
Shipping & Handling: GBP 19.74
------
Import Fees Deposit GBP 11.07
------
Total for this Order: GBP 66.48

Delivery estimate: July 28, 2011 - Aug. 1, 2011
1 "DarkPRINCIPLES for Darkbasic Pro Volume 1 (PAL)"
Daniel Charles Foreman; DVD; $15.99
Sold by: Amazon Export Sales, Inc.
1 "DarkPRINCIPLES for Darkbasic Pro Volume 2 (PAL)"
Daniel Charles Foreman; DVD; $19.99
Sold by: Amazon Export Sales, Inc.
1 "DarkPRINCIPLES for Darkbasic Pro Volume 3 (PAL)"
Daniel Charles Foreman; DVD; $19.99
Sold by: Amazon Export Sales, Inc.

...............As for the DVD`s, great product, well explained and helpful. I would advise that you buy the downloadable version from amazon to msave the charges that are both wrong and unfair! Still, the authors work should NOT be discredited. Credit where it IS due and thats with the authors hard work and talent :)

Purchase the DOWNLOADABLE version and support the author here:

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 4, 2012 1:30:50 PM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 4:11:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2012 4:26:43 PM PDT
n isted says:
Daniel, you just wrote this.....!!!!!....are you clear headed right now ???

Quote"You marked the product 1 star because of shipping problems?!?! If you liked the DVD why punish the author for your issues with amazon. Complain to them don't destroy the authors reputation. You can't expect everyone to read your rant all the way to the end."

......eeerrrrmmm.....whos the author of the DVD again???..... who just left a review on the author?

What did you just write?...oh yah it was this ....

"5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product!
This is a great product! It teaches me everything I need to know to start making games! A good purchase for anyone starting out.
Published 2 hours ago by Daniel Foreman"

.....Are you serious!!! You gave yourself a 5/5 review !!!!!! HA HA HA HA...

I am sure readers of this review (and other reviews around the internet that I have posted) will make up their own minds!

This "rant" as you call it is simply an account of my experience regarding the product AND "service" (if you can call it that!) recieved.
I tried contacting you on many occasions to resolve this via email, facebook, youtube and in the game creators forum (all attempts to discuss this with you were rejected) and it was in fact ME who sent you links to my reviews, so I have nothing to hide or gain here!

If you cant even think of using a different user name to write a review on YOURSELF.. then I am glad that you rejected all my attempts to discuss this in a reasonable manor as I am sure hitting my head against a brick wall would be ALMOST as damaging to my reputation as writing a review on myself..!!...oh hang on, you just did!....HA HA HA HA.

..........HA HA HA .....

....

OK, I have stopped laughing now....

(almost)

..... Time to re-direct you and future content regarding this review to the trash can.. hasta la vista :)

PS: If its worth so much as a product, why are you giving it away free on your youtube channel????

Quote" Published on 4 May 2012 by dcforemanuk

The DarkPRINCIPLES Foundation Course is being released for zip, zitch, zero, nadda, here on this very channel. That's 7.5 hours of free DarkBASIC Professional tutorial's which will teach you everything you need to know through variables, logic processes, 2D and 3D Technologies."

.....hhhmmm, not selling well then ?

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 4:16:27 PM PDT
n isted says:
Daniel, you just wrote this.....!!!!!....are you clear headed right now ???

What did you just write?...oh yah it was this ....

"5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product!
Published 2 hours ago by Daniel Foreman"

.....Are you serious!!! You gave yourself a 5/5 review !!!!!! HA HA HA HA...

..........HA HA HA .....

....

OK, I have stopped laughing now....

(almost)

‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

1.0 out of 5 stars (1 customer review)

$15.99