5.0 out of 5 stars boooyah, November 25, 2006
This review is from: Crown Prince Natural Skinless & Boneless Sardines in Pure Olive Oil, 3.75-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12) (Grocery)
These sardines are fantastic - probably why they stopped offering them. Actually, they spoiled me from regular sardines; after you eat these, the skin and tails and bones of regular sardines tend to make you quesy. These have a mild flavor, so even if you don't like sardines, you may changer your opinion after these...

I eat them, one tin per day, at work - much to the dismay of my co workers. Then I crumble some whole wheat crackers and spices into the fish oil and olive oil left over, let it absorb, and chug it down! Omega-3 fatty oils, protien, and olive oil! You cannot go wrong, and here in Butler (30 miles N. of Pittsburgh) Giant Eagle charges 2.99 per tin...so you save as well.

Eat. Get Healthy. Annoy your weak-stomache co-workers (smak your lips, smile, sigh as you eat). Can you go wrong? I think not.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 6, 2010 7:40:28 PM PST
FL Design says:
hahaha, too funny!

Posted on Feb 8, 2011 8:41:51 PM PST
You Really Know "Where its AT" & Dont Care what the Rest of the World thinks , Your WAY AHEAD OF THE PACK !!!

Posted on May 14, 2012 2:18:25 PM PDT
A. Crowell says:
And there you go! You know what is good for your body and that is a good thing!! I love them too-after much exhaustive research looking for the "wild" kind w/o mercury I could eat every day. Yes....these are the only sardines I will eat-one tin per day. I agree "smack your lips" and "sigh"..yummy!!! (Oh I use crackers too-whole wheat and crumble them over the top)

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 7:24:58 AM PDT
Lilly says:
I am going to be a first time sardine taster and purchaser....I will soooo be thinking about your comments when I try these. Love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2013 9:41:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 13, 2013 9:42:49 AM PDT
Hi Lilly:

If this is your first time tasting a sardine-you should probably go to the store and buy a regular tin of sardines with bones and eat those first. Lord help us all -I can just see your face now.-;)

After that experience, you will truly appreciate Crown Prince Boneless and Skinless Sardines.

Also, for some, sardines can be a required taste. Don't give up as you are being good to your body.

Reminder: If you are on a diet-count those calories as even though healthy, sardines still add up.

Good luck and happy eating Lillie.

Thanks for posting such a cute, but sincere comment. And thanks for the chuckle.-:)

Here's to your great health!!

A. Crowell

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 8:53:33 PM PDT
Apollo Sun says:
Now, if BPA were not in the lining of the can, maybe they would actually be healthy! Too bad that isn't the case.

BPA is being banned internationally, and this company, along with many others don't seem to be up on the research showing how absolutely poisonous BPA is to the human body.

I only eat Wild Planet brand and never have to worry about BPA, plus I like the taste better too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2013 10:15:34 PM PST

No need to eat wild planet muck these heavenly delights have no bpa

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2013 5:00:07 AM PST
Hi Kioussis:

Thanks for posting the above link. Perhaps this will help others see that Crown Prince Boneless Sardines are truly safe and very healthy.
I really hate to see someone, such as above reviewer "Lilly" who is really trying hard to be healthy discouraged by a bad review that is simply not true.
I never responded back to the negative reviewer "RhodeIslandDeals" -"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink."-:) And, too, I do not have a lot of time over here to review-Amazon must really be ticked at me-I use their services weekly, but haven't a lot of time to write detailed reviews.

Thanks again-hope reviewer "Lilly sees your link."

Here's to your great health.

Happy Holidays,

A. Crowell

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2013 7:46:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2013 7:51:27 AM PST
Apollo Sun says:
I've had Crown Prince sardines, but only once, and that will certainly be the last time.
I concede, taste is subjective, so we do have to experiment, although if that's *heaven*, I'll take the alternative.

LOL

Oh, and yes, regardless of which sardine you choose,
Merry Christmas to you, A. Crowell, and all the other posters too. :-)

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 1:24:32 PM PST
soliloquy says:
I thought I was the only one to eat a can of these a day-my preferred method is with an avocado & crumbled teriyaki rice crackers. The dog gets half a can added to his meal. We are a fishy family.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›