5.0 out of 5 stars Looks like another essential purchase to me!, August 17, 2006
This review is from: Looney Tunes: Golden Collection Vol. 4 (DVD)
I know, we all have our favorite cartoons. And it's easy to nit-pick on the selection of 'toons in each volume. But, with the release of Vol. 4, there are still OVER 700 LOONEY TUNES that Warner Bros. can choose from. I think it's imperative that we fans continue supporting each release, in order to continue the Golden Collection series.

Having said that, I would prefer that they stop giving each disc a single theme. I love these classic cartoons, but even I will have trouble sitting through 15 Speedy Gonzales cartoons in a row. Wouldn't it be more fun for viewers to mix it up a little? Or better yet, take a cue from the Columbia House Video Library, and give each famous cartoon director his own disc.

OK, so I'm guilty of nit-picking, too. Vol. 4 is another treasure trove for classic animation fans, with incredible bonus materials. So come one, Looney Tunes fans! Grab The Golden Collection Vol. 4 so we can assure that "That's NOT all, folks!"

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 1, 2006 10:25:07 AM PST
M. Gray says:
I agree about having things mixed up a little! As much as I love these cartoons, sitting through 15 shorts with one particular character as the focus is a bit rough. But if not, so be it, as long as we get them released!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2006 3:10:52 PM PST
take403 says:
If they're going to have themes, I don't mind having tributes to some of the directors. I have noticed not one of the collections has had a tribute to Friz Freleng. The 1st collection had one for Chuck Jones, and deservedly for him. But I believe even Mr. Jones would make a stand for Mr. Freleng, if you've read the praises Chuck had for Friz. I hope they never have a whole DVD's worth of Cool Cat and Merlin the Magical Mouse (we Looney Tunes fans tolerated them on Nick at Nite, while patiently awaiting the true classics!).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2007 4:23:57 PM PST
A. Gammill says:
I'm just grateful for my DVD recorder. I can copy all my favorites onto one disc for a real ULTIMATE Looney Tunes Collection!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2010 12:27:02 PM PDT
Andre M. says:
Well, since this is the DVD age, you have a choice of what you want to see on each disc. Personally, I enjoy the Speedys, particularly Slowpoke Rodriguez and the howl-arious TABASCO ROAD! (Poosy-gato! Poot op your dukes!)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (155 customer reviews)

$64.92 $36.99
Reviewer

A. Gammill
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Location: Tupelo, MS United States