5.0 out of 5 stars Manageably Stinky, August 18, 2012
This review is from: Speck Products iGuy Freestanding Case for iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, and iPad 1, Lime Green, SPK-A1247 (Personal Computers)
Yes, it does have an unpleasant odor on arrival -- but we expected that. So it came straight out of the package and into the kitchen sink, for a good soap and water scrub. After that, I put it in front of the AC fan for several hours. By bedtime the smell was only detectable when I put my nose right up to the iGuy case.

I like that this case renders my iPad about 95% less likely to be damaged if my six year old puts it down somewhere less than secure, or if I am using it in a chair above a hard linoleum floor.

I like that the feet hold my iPad two inches higher off my belly when I hold it on my lap in bed.

I like that I can slide my iPad into the iGuy without removing the slim-fit case that always stays on, and that it is possible (though, unavoidably due to all this padding, a little inconvenient) to plug in the charger while the iPad is cocooned inside.

I wouldn't complain if the feet stood another inch higher, or if the right arm were angled so that it held the pad straight when viewed vertically -- but these are wishes, not issues.

I have a slight latex sensitivity, and I have noticed some minor reactions to the iGuy; if you have a significant latex allergy, I would carefully examine the material that this case is made of before purchase.

But overall, I am quite pleased!

[Add comment]