Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake!, May 23, 2011
This review is from: Vulli Sophie la Girafe (Baby Product)
Beware! This is a fake! I would have never noticed if I didn't hold it up beside a real one. They are totally different. I figured this out because the paint began to peel off immediately and my cousin told me she had the same problem with one she got off of amazon. She went to a store and bought a replacement that will not peel. When we compared the two, the colors of the giraffe are different, the spots are different, and even the shape and legs are different. It is a shame someone is selling these fakes, or at least a bad version of the toy since the paint will come off in a child's mouth.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 14 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 45 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 23, 2011 8:36:06 PM PST
Anjea E. Ray says:
No two Sophies are exactly alike. The coloring is from food-grade dyes, and does come off with normal usage.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 1:54:41 PM PST
I believe the Sophie Giraffe that I purchased (sold by Amazon) could be a fake. The Sophie I purchased has has a smoother, more pliable feel to it. It has spots that are more reddish, AND the biggest red flag is that every Sophie supposed to be manufactured with a number on the leg, and the Sophie I received has no such number. I recently ordered a Sophie set, and that Sophie had a number on the leg.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 12:20:41 PM PST
I just received this and it doesn't seem like a fake to me and there is a number on her leg. It is soft and has sturdy rubber and it squeeks so easily.. I don't think it is fake.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 6:25:01 PM PST
We purchased one from Nordstrom which also had a problem with the paint coming off. I'm more inclined to believe that the product itself has this issue, rather than a counterfeit giraffe conspiracy.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2012 11:22:30 AM PDT
R. Adames says:
lmao!

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 5:13:28 PM PDT
Eileen Price says:
I noticed the paint coming off too. I thought for the price this shouldn't happen. What is my baby swallowing?? This better be resolved!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 6:29:05 PM PDT
R. Jones says:
This is a fake. I had a real one and the smell, shape of bent leg, thickness of rubber, and squeak are all different. This one was probably manufactured in China. Please do not let your baby use it!

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 8:41:46 PM PDT
J. Kelly says:
Overpriced dog toy. This item has increased from 12.00 to 22.00 dollars in one year. The paint came off of ours and separated into two pieces.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 11:14:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 17, 2012 12:06:40 PM PDT
P. Patel says:
I just received my Sophie Giraffe from Amazon and I understand what you are stating. The one I have previously and the one I bought a month ago from Baby R Us has raised Manufactured coding/serial Number on it. The one from Amazon is just etched into the leg lightly.

Apparently the squeaker can detached itself from its original position, which could be a potential choking hazard. http://www.saferproducts.gov/ViewIncident/1230647

Notice that in the 2nd photo this parent took. The serial number is barely noticeable. It makes me question where and what these Sophie teething toy are made from.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 10:57:01 PM PST
Pete says:
I have been doing some research these last couple of days. I bought my Sophie 3 1/2 years ago on Amazon for my older son. He absolutely loved it. I would notice the paint would come off so I would wash it lightly under faucet with soap and water. Well, I had stored it away for my younger son, who is now 4 months old. I recently took it out to wash it with soap and water and as I was rubbing with my fingers, the paint was washing off. I immediately stopped using dish soap because it was easily washing away the spots. I left the backside untouched with soap and just rinsed it with water. I was so disappointed that my spots on Sophie has been faded and she is mostly white on the front side. I did some researched and noticed that there were some fake one sold. When I read that some of the fake ones might have been sold on Amazon, I was even more furious. I also noticed I don't not have a number on the foot. Wow, I wonder if I have a fake one now.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›