5.0 out of 5 stars My Mom Loves This Watch, February 8, 2007
I got this for my mother for Christmas, and I'm very happy to report that this is the one gift I gave in 2006 that perfectly fit the recipient's wish list. She loves it.

She had worn the same watch for over twenty years, and that one had finally had it. Truth be told, my mom isn't really that much of a watch-wearer, but had been wanting a replacement for those times when she wanted to have one, even as just an accessory. Now, she wears a watch all the time.

While the watch face isn't huge -- it's reasonably sized -- the numbers are very easy to read for the eyes of a grandmother, and the font is attractive. Even the little date number inset on the three-o'clock side of the face is easy to read, and while she'd never had a watch with a date on it before, she realizes now how much she appreciates it.

It's a handsome watch in a classy gold, and she also loves the band, which is very comfortable and expands and contracts with movement nicely.

Lastly, and I get a kick out of this; she adores the indiglo feature. Her previous watch had a little light-up button on it (one of the old-style teeny-tiny fron-the-side lights which never really threw off enough light, and even that had expired years before, and the indiglo light illuminates the whole face very nicely and clearly in a pleasing blue glow. She tells me that sometimes at night she'll press that button just because she can. What a nice thing to say! :^)

To sum up, my mom wears this watch all the time, and I can tell she really loves it. The fact that she wears it so often tells me that it was the perfect gift to get her in 2006!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 3, 2011 11:31:36 PM PDT
S. Meadows says:
Truly enjoyed reading your review on this watch. You're Mom did a fine job raising you. Be well, and God bless you and yours.

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 8:04:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2012 8:05:43 AM PST
Jaybee says:
Timex Women's T2H351 Easy Reader Gold-Tone Expansion Band Watch This watch is the one I've been looking for, because it is easy to read for a great-grandmother with old eyes. However, the band is too small for my wrist, so I'm returning it. I guess I'll have to look locally again, so that I can try them on to make sure I find one that fits. It is too bad that the description didn't state the size of the band or else offer different sizes. Thank you.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›