54 of 62 people found the following review helpful
The Future Social Media Marketing Textbook,
This review is from: Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (& Other Social Networks) (Kindle Edition)
This book is likeable. It's a two-thumbs up easy read, chock full of important social media marketing strategies that have a down-to-earth quality full of integrity.
"Listen carefully, be transparent, be responsive, be authentic, tell great stories--the qualities that would make you the hotshot at the party--they'll make your organization a likable one on social networks." --Dave Kerpen
The author is right on the mark.
What else about this clever book, you might ask?
1. It shines new light on how to use social media right--stay true to yourself which is great advice for a better world.
2. It's target readers are widespread--from those with their feet wet in social media to neophytes.
3. For those new to the scene or those wanting a review--there's fun content in the back of the book-- 25 pages of thorough explanations, simple ways the different social media platforms can enhance and expand communication with potential and established customers.
4.A chapter on tapping and using your listening skills full blast which you'll need if you want to enter the world of social media; it can make or break.
5 Approaching marketing projects at times like a child--with a sense of wonder, curiosity and super-creative out-of-the-box strategies.
6. Dave teaches sophisticated social media tools and approaches in an easy-to-understand and respectful way.
7. The book is written in a very refreshing and positive light.
Highly recommended. I can see LIKEABLE MEDIA become THE social media marketing textbook. Good for students too. This book to all those who want to hone their social media skills through learning the mechanics of online tools and the new-world marketing strategies that will drive your business to new heights.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 22, 2011 1:45:40 PM PDT
Obviously you know the Author somehow. Please identify yourself. A lot of people are getting tired of "plant reviews" for books and starting to do something about it. The first 2 reviewers were at least up front enough to ID themselves.
In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 1:48:15 PM PDT
by Lisa Jo Barr says:
I don't know the author personally. I met him on a social media site and wanted to read and review his book. I am a writer.
In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 2:46:29 PM PDT
Dave Kerpen says:
Hi Ron - I've never met Lisa- just trying to get the book out to people before it launces. I'd be happy to give you a copy if you'd like to review him, not knowing me at all, just dm me on twitter @davekerpen. Thanks! - and thanks Lisa for such a kind review!
In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2011 6:06:39 PM PDT
by Lisa Jo Barr says:
You're welcome, Dave. Best of luck to you, yours and your awesome book!
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2014 6:18:58 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 24, 2014 6:21:07 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›