80 of 90 people found the following review helpful
Extended Cut vs. Theatrical Cut Differences,
This review is from: Fast Five - Extended Edition (Blu-ray + DVD) (Blu-ray)
Beware, the extended cut of the movie primarily adds minor content changes; there is one new scene, which is detailed below.
The Extended Cut is slightly over one minute longer than the theatrical cut, most new scenes add just CGI blood, most of the time the blood being barely noticeable.
1) When Zizi's armed thugs attack Toretto's hideout, one of the thugs has his gun turned on himself by Toretto with CGI blood added in.
2) When Hobbs attacks three of Zizi's thugs in the favela shootout, there is re-inserted CGI blood when Hobbs shoots one and knifes the other. The neck breaking of the last thug seems a little more brutal.
3) Hobbs' men fire on Zizi's thugs for a few seconds longer.
4) Slightly extended scene where Tej asks for a duplicate safe.
5) New scene: Discussion by Toretto's crew regarding breaking into the safe and transporting it. They discuss the existence of the bathroom having a ventilation shaft which leads to the garage. This scene then segues to Leo and Santos.
6) Toretto/Hobbs fight scene slightly longer and more brutal.
7) Chato receives a few bloody bullet rounds in the favela ambush scene.
8) Zizi's thugs are gunned down more graphically by Toretto's crew in the favela ambush scene.
Tracked by 2 customers
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 6, 2011 3:46:47 PM PDT
Thank you for listing the extended parts.
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2013 1:29:47 PM PDT
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2013 2:02:48 PM PST
yeah thanks it saves the rest of us from looking for it
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2013 7:29:36 AM PST
Because the movie company wanted to be sneaky about this version being pretty much the same as the theatrical version. Senor Zoidbergo was making sure everyone was aware before they spent the extra $$ for one measly extra minute of movie and a few extra blood stains. You should say "Thank you" instead of being a jackass!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›