Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Peanut Butter Cups - Easy As 1-2-3!, February 14, 2013
This review is from: Freshware CB-101RD 30-Cavity Silicone Mold for Making Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, Candy, Gummy, Jelly, and More (Kitchen)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Length:: 5:04 Mins

This Freshware 30-Cavity Silicone Chocolate, Candy and Peanut Butter-Cup Mold is just one of several silicone candy and baking molds I've acquired recently and I have to tell you, Grandma is impressed!

Most of the time I have a great deal of will power when it comes to candy, but Peanut Butter Cups are my downfall, the white chocolate covered ones even more so. Sadly, they have become SO expensive that I usually don't even bother to look. I think that is about to change!

The White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups my daughter and I made are luscious - and I'm being much better about the tin full of them sitting in my fridge than I thought that I would be. Like all of the Freshware molds, this one can be put into the dishwasher, but clean-up was so easy there was hardly a need even for a sponge. And like all Freshware molds, this one is oven safe (though the cups are really much too small to bake in successfully) and comes with an Owner's Manual (when was the last time you got an owner's manual with your bakeware?!) that answers common questions, and details both their one year Warranty as well as Freshware's Satisfaction Guarantee.

Grandma couldn't be happier! Highly Recommended!

NOTE: Here is the recipe that we used for the Peanut Butter Cups we made in the video -
I wanted my peanut butter filling to be as much like the original as possible so I modified a recipe that I found online at the Brown-Eyed Baker's blog a bit.

Peanut Butter Cups Filling

1 cups creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

I wanted the same sort of gritty texture to my filling that the original peanut butter cups have, so I used Smucker's All Natural Peanut Butter. You could also use the peanut butter sold in the bulk bins at your local co-op to get the right texture.

For this recipe I did use the full 1/4 cup of brown sugar. The Brown-Eyed Baker's recipe does not call for salt. I found it too sweet and lacking that salty contrast, so I added salt to mine. Next time I'll use only 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.

I suggest that you melt the butter and peanut butter with two tablespoons of brown sugar, then add more brown sugar and salt to suit your own taste (that will vary depending on the peanut butter you use) before you stir in the confectioner's sugar. Once you've done that and have a clay-like mass, cool the filling and refrigerate it until you are ready to use it. It will keep for several days. One batch of filling will make enough centers for two of the Freshware 30-Cavity Silicone Chocolate, Candy and Peanut Butter-Cup Molds full of candy - about 60 pieces.

You'll need just a bit over a pound of chocolate of your choice to use the full batch of filling. Chocolate chips contain something that helps them to keep their shape. It also makes them harder to melt. You'll be more successful if you use chocolate that comes in bars or chunks.

If you want to make just a single tray of peanut butter cups, feel free to cut the recipe in half.

[Add comment]