5.0 out of 5 stars Everything is great so far, August 20, 2012
This review is from: VIZIO M3D470KD 47-inch 1080p Razor LED Smart 3D HDTV (2012 Model) (Electronics)
This my first HDTV. I spent a lot of time reading customer reviews and comparing prices. I finally settled on this tv because I wanted 3d (not so much for now, but figuring it was the wave of the future and I wanted a tv that would have the feature three years from now) and CNET gave it a very good rating (there weren't that many reviews out on the product yet). Vizio did get good reviews on its other 47" LCD 3d TV (E3D470VX) so I figured this tv would be just as good, but with 240 HZ instead of 120 HZ.

I was originally going to get it from Sam's Club because it was $50 dollars cheaper there; however, Amazon has the low price guarantee. So I ordered it from Amazon. I had to email them a day after it arrived to ask about the guarantee because there was no "lower cost" button that I could see on the order page. There was no hassle in having them credit me the lower price and Sam's Club had reduced it another $50. So, besides getting the same price as Sam's Club, I saved sales tax ($50).I ordered it on a Monday morning. I have Prime so I had free 2 day delivery; however, for $3.99 more they offered next day delivery. The tv was delivered Tuesday afternoon. Set up was a breeze. Basically, all I needed to do was screw 8 screws in to attach the base to the tv and it was ready to go (the power cord was even plugged into the back). I plugged the coaxial cable into the tv, turned it on and it went into set up mode. A quick start booklet does come with the tv which was very helpful and I downloaded the user manual from Vizio for future reference.

I have had absolutely no problems with the tv. The picture looks great (I also connected the tv through my cable box and the HDMI connection). I was surprised when I hooked it up originally just through the coax cable that all the local channels also had HD signals. Of course, through the cable box I know have full access to all HD channels. I connected it to the internet (very easy to do) and connected the facebook app and also an app for my local tv channel website. I am a little disappointed that the web pages don't come up full screen (they only use about 25% of the left side of the tv). Maybe I am just missing a setting.

I did plug a thumb drive into the USB port with a movie I had downloaded from the internet. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it looked on the tv.

My major disappointment is that it doesn't seem as if the remote is programmable so that I can add my cable box to it. That would have been nice.

I believe my cable provider does offer streaming 3d movie. If they do, I will update this review. As of now, I believe for the money, this was a great purchase!

[Add comment]