34 of 34 people found the following review helpful
My favorite cookbook?,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: All About Braising: The Art of Uncomplicated Cooking (Hardcover)
It's hard to pick a favorite cookbook, but this one is probably it for me. Here are a few reasons why:
1. Every recipe is dripping with flavors and fall-apart-in-your-mouth goodness.
2. Braising is hard to screw up. Everything is cooked until it falls apart, so it doesn't matter if you forget about it and it ends up cooking for an extra half hour.
3. Most of the recipes freeze well and are easy to make a lot of.
4. The recipes are flexible--leave something out, throw something extra in, it'll probably still be delicious.
5. Most of the recipes are reasonably healthy, especially if you cook in a cast iron dutch oven so you don't need much oil.
6. The book instills you with enough confidence to pick a bunch of ingredients and invent your own braises, which is a great way to use up leftover vegetables. The book is not just recipes--it's also a system of cooking that can be applied to anything.