1.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product? Look elsewhere!, August 30, 2012
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T3 12.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR with 18-55mm IS II Lens + Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I less than 2 months, this camera has already become completely defective. It no longer takes photos of any kind. I have to send off the camera to Canon to have it repaired. I am out the shipping costs to send it there.

So I can't recommend this product to anyone. No $500 item should ever be dead in less than 60 days.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 30, 2012 1:01:32 PM PDT
J. Johnson says:
Cars my friend, cars.

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 11:56:07 AM PDT
And how has the camera been working for you since the repair(s)? You realize that the reason your camera failed could be due to a production error and/or inappropriate rough handling during use and/or shipping/transport. (Even packing is good; packing is only good to withstand so much. There are circumstances where packing looks fine, but the content yet still has taken quite a beating. I.e. a shipping-container being dropped and/or given other rough shocks during handling, in which gives a shockwave (not Adobe :P) though the contents of the container.)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2013 12:33:45 PM PDT
Nathan Risto says:
Irrelevant how it's been working since. There are enough positives from others to indicate how the camera works when it isn't defective.

But thanks for pointing out all the ways that a camera could be defective. It helps me understand what was previously outside the grasp of my awareness. Until now I was struggling for months, unable to conceive of how this could have happened. At least now I'll finally be able to sleep at night.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2013 6:45:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 1, 2013 6:47:45 AM PDT
Whoo-hoo! Good mockery behaviour. Of course it still matters. People investigating something they want to buy, likes to know how the customer-service experience was, and how the product worked out afterwards. And if it's in it's place, it's good to rethink/change the star-rating accordingly, too.

Btw, giving a 1 star review on basis on something that might aswell be you and/or the carriers fault, just aswell as Canons, is not a good review. That seems more like whining to me. And it's not a $500 item, it's 3 items for $500. The body itself costs about $300.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2013 6:59:10 AM PDT
Nathan Risto says:
Great whatever. Sorry I hurt your feelings on the matter. I'd swear you must have designed the camera yourself to be taking such offense. Meanwhile it still gets 1 star. If it were possible, and had I known by giving a 1 I'd have to deal with the camera's faithful following, I would have given it a 0.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2013 10:21:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 1, 2013 10:36:21 AM PDT
:D Even though I do not appreachiate the passive aggressiveness in your comments, you sure make me laugh (probably don't add much to the discussion doing that though).

Look, I only commented to add to the user-experience here. Yes, I do own the EOS 1100D (which is the European equivalent to the Rebel T3), and as I see it it's a good camera. I would definitely recommend it as it's quite intuitive to use, and does take good pictures as long as you're using it right. I've taken quite a few grainy pictures with it, but that was because I was using too high ISO (higher is not better :P). I'm quite a novice to photography terminology, and only recently (by reading different reviews on lenses) learned about how to use ISO and aperture settings. It's cool to do it all manual and using the live-view to focus manually. Check the picture outcome, and then skip back to the settings-screen to adjust if nessesary. Hey(!), you can even take 3 pictures in one go for HDR pictures!

I can see how some people have problems with auto-focus as too low aperture will make the zoom having difficulties to find what to zoom in on. And the list goes on when it comes to user errors... What baffles me though, is that you have time and energy to comment on my comments, but don't want to change your review?

If you like difficult, then please go ahead and buy the Olympus Pen E-PL1. Got it for my wife, and it's sure a whole lot more cumbersome to setup! (It's still quite a good camera though.)

For me the discussion is over. We're not adding much to the user-experience here. My intention was to critique your review. If it came across as something else than that, I must say I'm sorry, and in such a case my apology follows.

Now, I'm just leaving it up to the people who bother to read this to judge how our writings/comments comes across.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›