4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic; but, don't bother with the deluxe edition, November 19, 2012
This review is from: Celebration Day (Deluxe Edition 2CD, 1 Blu-Ray, 1 DVD (CD sized digipak) (Audio CD)
I received this in the mail Saturday, (thanks Amazon!), even though the release date is not until tomorrow.
This is a fantastic set. We cranked it up.
I am disappointed in the rehearsal DVD, though. It is a only a single, stationary camera shot, from a fair distance. It even has people walking in front of the lens. The audio is not as good, either. It is a nice inclusion, since they have the footage; but, it sure is not worth the extra $9.
I would recommend the regular Blu-ray version.
(I also wish they would have put this version in a Blu case, instead of CD digipak.)
Anyway, a must-have Blu-ray for sure.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 6:00:04 AM PST
G. Hakala says:
Yeah, and what's with the CD pack? Don't these people know many ppl have DVD players in their cars now-a-days. CD's are a waste of moola for me.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 12:12:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 12:13:08 PM PST
Milan Gohil says:
I slipped up and ordered the BD/2CD standard edition a few weeks ago from an Amazon Re-seller and couldn't cancel. I was kicking myself for missing out on the deluxe edition. However, your review made me feel better about getting the standard Blu-Ray/2CD package. At least the standard edition is in a traditional Blu-Ray case. :) Thank You!

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 2:29:22 PM PST
bass boy says:
So is the rehearsal DVD the whole rehearsal, most of it, or just a few minutes' worth?
Walmart has the 2CD/1 DVD version (and the 2 CD version) out early today in my town, but not the 2 CD/2 DVD version. I was hoping the rehearsal DVD was worth the money, but maybe I'll just get the single-DVD (and 2CDs) version instead.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 2:38:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 2:41:49 PM PST
Seriously, you are complaining about a 1 camera shoot of a full Zeppelin rehearsal with sound that is far better than about 100% of bootlegs out there- for and extra $9. Really?????? Wow... I suggest you return the whole thing and buy something from another artist. Clueless.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 2:46:38 PM PST
Fantastic point!!! My thoughts exactly! Anything new from the greatest rock band in the world I am happy with!

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:25:34 PM PST
Jamey Key says:
I appreciate your review. I can go ahead and open my standard version now.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 9:15:53 AM PST
Lars Swanson says:
Sorry but I have to disagree with ya Sugarfoot on the issue regarding the bonus DVD. IMHO it's quite cool to be a "fly on the wall" and watch the full show in rehearsal mode. The more Zep the better!! The audio is great and the band rocks! Well worth it.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 10:45:47 PM PST
Kevin Nieman says:
I have to disagree with you on the rehearsal footage. For $9 extra dollars (give or take), you get two concerts instead of one. Yes, the rehearsal doesn't have closeups or mastered sound, but it's definitely worth the extra cash to get to hear the band play again. I urge any fan interested in Led Zeppelin to ONLY buy the Deluxe version. Anything less, and you are depriving yourself of more Zep. I love the rehearsal extra.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›