5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Dog Toy for a monster chewer, January 3, 2007
This review is from: Treat Dispensing Chew Ball, Medium (Misc.)
My pup DESTROYS his toys. No plush toys or rope toys for this boy because he dismantles them within minutes. I've had to resort to black Kongs and Aggressive Chews for Big Dogs from Nylabone. He doesn't especially like those hard chews... So, I decided to give this Everlasting Fun Ball a try.

He got this Triple Crown Everlasting Fun Ball at Xmas and he has eaten several meals from it. It keeps him busy rolling it around until the kibbles fall out. He gnaws and chews at it. He bats and rolls it. He plays fetch with it. It has only been a week and a half, but the fact that he hasn't punctured it or broken off a piece is AMAZING to me after seeing him ruin other toys designed for aggressive chewers within minutes.

I just pulled out a ruler and this toy is, in fact, 4" in diameter. My 8 month old lab/chessie mix pup is already 75# -- he's going to be a big dog. This toy isn't a choking hazard for him at this time.

The everlasting treats come out pretty easily from this size ball, but he enjoys them. The everlocking treats fit the fun ball in a very clever manner; however, my pup was able to chew that up pretty quickly (as quickly as the Nylabone edibles) so I thought those were a little expensive for what it is. They'd probably last a lot longer for a dog that isn't such an aggressive chewer.

This squishy ball has brought him a lot of play time and kept him busy so I'm really pleased with it and would recommend it. As a matter of fact, I'm buying a second one for outdoors/pool time since I see it floats.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 4, 2007 10:12:02 AM PST
JBinMD says:
This is an update to my earlier review. It is now March and this toy is still going strong. We play fetch with the everlasting fun ball every single day. I don't worry when my dog lays down and gnaws on it because he hasn't been able to damage this toy. He loves how it is squishy and he can chomp down on it. I like how it is soft because we sometimes play fetch in the house! And, I've been teaching him to catch it midair and I'm not worried that it'll hurt his teeth. I'm totally impressed!

Posted on Mar 15, 2008 11:50:46 AM PDT
JBinMD says:
It is now March 2008 and this ball continues to go strong. Our dog is still a very aggressive chewer and this is still our overall favorite toy.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2008 5:46:02 AM PDT
Trusted Tech says:
Thanks for keeping us updated, it really helps to see how long it has lasted you.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2009 11:38:46 AM PST
niichi says:
I have to agree with everything you say about this amazing ball. My dog is also an aggressive chewer. I'm embarrassed to say how many toys I've brought home, only to see them destroyed in 5 minutes. She loves every second of those 5 minutes, but it's expensive entertainment! She's had this ball for several months now and hasn't put a mark on it yet. Even the planet dog balls will eventually crack, but not this one. And she loves the texture and squishyness - very satisfying for a good long chew.

Posted on May 23, 2011 1:01:15 PM PDT
THANK YOU for your review, I have the MOST aggressive chewer...........she has even chewed chunks off of a Black Kong toy. I spent a ton of money on a GoughNut and it has pretty much been ignored!
I will give this a try.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2011 9:16:21 AM PDT
lnm_13 says:
Me too! I'm buying mine today! I've got a Boxador and a Boxer... They CHEW EVERYTHING! We can't turn our back on the boxador because there will be fuzz and or strings and or rubber type pieces of everything all over the place! Placing my order! Thanks so much!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (352 customer reviews)

$14.99 $4.99